+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: OT:. Sky News Live from Rotherham

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    It is a good idea but I'm not too sure about the security of such places in such areas. We all know there are lowlifes in this world who would rob anything from anyone and wouldn't batt an eyelid to relieve people of their treasured possessions to make a few quid. I think the costs involved in securing a retail unit to sufficient standards would possibly be too prohibitive.
    It was something that Chaz Robinson wanted to do but amongst other difficulties preventing it was that point regarding security.

Not the same but the display case in the main reception of NYS has some interesting stuff in it.

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    John2, it’s on eBay with a couple of others from that era . I didn’t know that the well known EJ Brown ( Ironmongers) was also a sport outfitters back in the day
    Thanks for this Lincs.

I actually just won the auction for it! Quite chuffed.

Congratulations to whoever bought the 1914 programme. You outbid me in the final 10 seconds, it looks fantastic!

Does anybody know the existence of any older programmes from our predecessor clubs?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    It was something that Chaz Robinson wanted to do but amongst other difficulties preventing it was that point regarding security.

Not the same but the display case in the main reception of NYS has some interesting stuff in it.
    Proper bloke was Chaz. Gutted and shocked when I heard that he had died

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    Thanks for this Lincs.

I actually just won the auction for it! Quite chuffed.

Congratulations to whoever bought the 1914 programme. You outbid me in the final 10 seconds, it looks fantastic!

Does anybody know the existence of any older programmes from our predecessor clubs?
    Well done J2. Im regularly scouring the net for all things RUFC , will pass on anything I think you might be interested in

Cheers Lincs. It was actually the Notts County programme I bought, not this Notts Forest one!

I had no idea at all how to value it, but the Hull City programme from 1914 sold for £325!

Cheers Lincs. It was actually the Notts County programme I bought, not this Notts Forest one!

I had no idea at all how to value it, but the Hull City programme from 1914 sold for £325!
    I suppose the value lies with desire to own it, Ive paid over the odds for stuff that has little material value , but I guess its the sentiment that seals the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Geetarman View Post
    Proper bloke was Chaz. Gutted and shocked when I heard that he had died
    Indeed he was. Always quick to make a coffee and hand out the biscuits when I dropped into GET7

Could be downright hilarious when Breck also popped in.

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    I suppose the value lies with desire to own it, Ive paid over the odds for stuff that has little material value , but I guess its the sentiment that seals the deal.
    Yeah, it would have been for sentimental purposes, wouldn't have had any plans to sell it on.

With the 1914 one I was actually thinking if I won it that it was such an interesting piece I was going to talk to the club about maybe getting it properly scanned and re-printed and then give fans the chance to buy it on a match day with the funds going to charity.

I just don't know how rare such programmes are, or whether there might be many better older examples that maybe the club possesses. I know I'd pay a fiver for a replica of such an old an interesting item to support a good cause.

Yeah, it would have been for sentimental purposes, wouldn't have had any plans to sell it on.

With the 1914 one I was actually thinking if I won it that it was such an interesting piece I was going to talk to the club about maybe getting it properly scanned and re-printed and then give fans the chance to buy it on a match day with the funds going to charity.

I just don't know how rare such programmes are, or whether there might be many better older examples that maybe the club possesses. I know I'd pay a fiver for a replica of such an old an interesting item to support a good cause.
    Nice gesture, hope it gets off the ground.

Sadly it's not mine to be able to do that with! Though the photos from the ebay listing would probably suffice and from a legal perspective would only require the permission of the person who took them, the ebay seller under the name maltbymiller.

It's a fascinating programme.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast