+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: OT:. Sky News Live from Rotherham

I wonder what the difference was between the 37/- made to measure suit and the 42/- made to measure suit? I'm sure 5/- went a lot further then than 25p does today

I doubt if today's footballers would be seen to be endorsing Fry's chocolates and cocoas?

Surprised Gino wasn't on the bill at the Hippodrome!

“The Randles” on the back page, any link to Frank Randle?

Amp technology centre and the entire park on the "Waverley" side is in Rotherham. All business have Rotherham addresses but have Sheffield Phone numbers.

The council (ours) runs part of the site including I believe the technology centre.

Yet, having worked there for 7 years every single business will refer to the site as Sheffield.

Rolls Royce specifically state Rotherham inside the building. Go figure.

I enjoy looking at old programmes, they give us an entertaining and informative insight into our illustrious past. The Rotherham County programme informs us on the team sheet page that County will be playing in White Shorts and Black Knickers, wonder if this was done in support of the Suffragettes Movement, and in so doing we became the first football club to show solidarity for a social and political movement.

Quote Originally Posted by parkgatewelfare View Post
    I enjoy looking at old programmes, they give us an entertaining and informative insight into our illustrious past. The Rotherham County programme informs us on the team sheet page that County will be playing in White Shorts and Black Knickers, wonder if this was done in support of the Suffragettes Movement, and in so doing we became the first football club to show solidarity for a social and political movement.
    Lol. I'm sure a very young Grist and Fire would have been suitably furious.

Quote Originally Posted by parkgatewelfare View Post
    Justin case you’re not deliberately misunderstanding, it’s white shirts and black knickers, not shorts, and is just how football kits were always described in those days.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Justin case you’re not deliberately misunderstanding, it’s white shirts and black knickers, not shorts, and is just how football kits were always described in those days.
    It's interesting though that it just mentions the shirts for Hull City. One of the ads. from Walter Wragg mentions the sale of Jerseys and Knickers so it looks like Jersey was also interchangeable with Shirt in footballing terms but gets ridiculed as an Americanism these days whenever I 'accidentally' use the term in the presence of English folk

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678