+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adcock

Who gives a flying --- what someone's ***uality is? I don’t introduce myself as, hi I’m Nick, and I’m hetero***ual.

I’m confidently sure, that anyone who meets me would find the thought of a 57-year-old Type 2 Diabetic, with Heart disease, and an aversion to people spelling SJM wrong, sweating, and humping on anything, to be totally repulsive.

You really have to stop watching all these bl00dy awful reality tv folks. The only reality should be your own.

P.S. I have a good link to “a 57-year-old Type 2 Diabetic, with Heart disease, and an aversion to people spelling SJM wrong, sweating and humping on someone” if it helps you off that reality tv addiction.

Exiled, you make me laugh!

My point is that people shouldn't care, but while people do, then kudos to those who those who do, if it means others feel accepted.

I still like and accept you.

For the record, I don't watch Strictly or any reality tv, but my mum is a fan, and rings me to tell me all about it - so I know all about it, but not through choice!
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 13-10-2021 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Maybe but why the special praise Sam? Im not alone with my thinking! People are breaking the rules to what was originally set out, especially history, phrases, words that are suddenly offensive. Its a shame im so old fashioned and im sure the programe has gained a new audience but at the cost of how many?
    The special praise for this referee? Possibly because it is a sport where apparently no one is gay (of course they are) or maybe because this will have the people of Millwall literally sweating on their palms at how they can insult him at the next game.

Breaking the rules on what, mate? On Strictly? I understand that ballroom dancing is seen as man and woman in a lovely sparkly dress, but most of those male dancers are gay.

Phrases such as what? Poof? Shirt lifter, arse bandit? Yeah.... **** those phrases. I'm not homo***ual but I would feel insulted if someone shouted any slurs at me for me being me.

People love to put a label on people. It's what we do as humans but in reality everyone is not one thing or another. I'm happily married with kids, but I'd love to have a snuggle with Tom Hardy.... He's gorrrrgeous

Tom Hardy? Naaah. Thought you had better taste than that, Sam.

Very well put MW and I hope you do not think i'm being Homophobic, its hard to say what you want by text. I really have not got a problem with Gays in general, what I have got a problem with is people shoving it my face.
    This country was running well with racial harmony until that guy in America was murdered by cop, the country went crazy with Anger, now racism is on the TV every single day, every little tweet is highlighted. As one actor said you want to stop racism, stop talking about it, Morgan Freeman I think. The issue with LGBT and Gays, been there since the year dot, its not anything knew. Just let people get on but it does appear, certain people who are in the minority, get special praise for what they are and not who they are. You will never convince everyone but you know what, they, whoever they are have a right to be listened too as well...Diversity yes but it has to be inproportion surely. Anyway, I dont expect people to agree with me, i'm just getting older...old and have old fashioned views thats all, I guess what Im trying to say is stop rewriting history to include society today, create a new version, film, programe showing todays society as it is. For me strictly is a histic successful programe based on close contact and relationships, as well as some breath taking dancing, why are they changing it to pacify the the few to the whole nation when it simply won't happen, YT and the BBC are hiding and deleting posts and comments but some sites are telling a different story, I am sure some people will now not watch just as they have turned away from football focus or Sky's Gillette soccer Special. I know people I talk to now refuse to watch the TV anymore because of what they call brainwashing!

Hey Dave, yes, I know it's sometimes hard to express what you really want to say within the limited confines of a post. I share that.

I'm not sure that there's any intent to rub anything in our faces. A mixed *** dance couple could be equally said to be flaunting their hetero s e x uality but they're just dancing. It's just been given a lot of publicity in the press because it's new. In a couple of years, people won't be batting an eye lid about it ... You know, watching William Shatner going into space, earlier, I was thinking of a documentary I saw about Star Trek and the huge fuss that was made about an inter-racial kiss on the show in the late 1960s. No-one thinks anything of it now. I guess we just have to push boundaries sometimes ...

I dislike a lot of the attempts to obliterate the more awful parts of British history - it's what happened and we need to learn and remember what happened so it doesn't happen again - that's what history is for ... it's about the future ... I also dislike how easily people are accused of being whatever "ist" for expressing an opinion or innocently using a "wrong" word - I don't mean the truly offensive ones Sam describes. I think it's perhaps a little naive to say that there were no racial issues in Britain, but I don't think the majority of Brits are racist. Where it exists it's awful, as is any prejudice of hate. Unfortunately, all the screaming and shouting on Twitter to those who inadvertently use an "offensive" word or stick their head above the parapet and voice an opinion outside of woke, doesn't actually convince any hard core whatever "ist" person that their beliefs are in any way wrong or hurtful. I think it actually just makes them dig their heels in more. There are better ways. Twitter's not the real world. I only occasionally look on there if there's a link somewhere to something that's of interest.

I think most of us just want a peaceful, harmonious life and to be accepted for being ourselves. I like our diversity - it makes life richer and more interesting . I hate labels, however; we're just humans on this planet ... I'm not sure we need any more than that ...
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 13-10-2021 at 10:49 PM.

Im not giving up watching, I like the dances, its very interesting compared to some of the drab thats on especially a Saturday night. Now don't get me started on Dancing on Ice, I really don't like that but I'm sure Sam will say he likes it, now he has 'come out' 😉🙄

My friends said in his daughters year at school 1/3 of the year class themselves as non binary. That is incredible the way the new aggend is influencing our kids.

Im sure this will all end in a big mess, when they get old enough to retire, at what age group will they retire at and how much pension will they get, 'They' will soon revert back. I really do pity some people, the lack of direction ans understanding whether your X or Y will result in more mental health issues! At my age I wont need to worry but I have 3 children, 1 X
    and 2 Y Its them that will have to live with it.....

On a personal level, my daughter is gay, and married to her partner, they live on the south island of new zealand and are very much active in their local lgbt+ whatever society, they make a point of complete inclusivity of all genders/types/determinations etc, nobody has to fit into a box or introduce themselves with any sort of personal explanation, its "hi im fred/harry/lisa/ etc" , surely that is what it should be about, not headline seeking bull**** or "woke" statements about everything. When we were over to visit we also noticed that despite being a very forward thinking country in terms of equality and support of race and the environment etc, they do not hide their(our) dubious past record on things like racism, whaling, etc, its all about, yeah we used to do that, we appreciate its not the way its done now but why would we hide it? Thats the way I would like to see all of this dealt with here, the posturing by various groups and kneejerk responses just do my aging head in. Rant over, back in your box grandad

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)