+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Battle of Bamber Bridge

The Battle of Bamber Bridge

Interesting article is that mon ami.

I wonder what a BLM spokesman or Critical Race Theory advocate would make of it ? I don't think it would go down well with them. Nor would John Barnes recent comment, that a member of the Royal Family, wondering about what colour Harry's sprog would turn out to be, was perfectly normal and acceptable.

That was an interesting read. I recently saw an advert for a prog about black soldiers in WW2 but not sure when it's on. I also only recently found out that Buffalo Soldiers are black soldiers though I should have guessed from Bob Marley's song.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I wonder what a BLM spokesman or Critical Race Theory advocate would make of it ? I don't think it would go down well with them. Nor would John Barnes recent comment, that a member of the Royal Family, wondering about what colour Harry's sprog would turn out to be, was perfectly normal and acceptable.
    I studied Sociology for five years, I have a Honours degree in Social Science, HND in Sociology and Human Geography.

I came to the conclusion a long time ago that people are intrinsically tribal and are not really that fond of other tribes.

Once we stop worrying about "colour" and recognise that socially constructed "races" share the same DNA, I am certain we will still not get along just fine.

I was watching a documentary on Everton Weekes last year, not long after he died. There was an interview with him talking about when he was playing for Bacup in the 50s, he was asked if he had ever encountered any racism in his time at Bacup, he answered quite simply, 'No'.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    That was an interesting read. I recently saw an advert for a prog about black soldiers in WW2 but not sure when it's on. I also only recently found out that Buffalo Soldiers are black soldiers though I should have guessed from Bob Marley's song.
    That is on now (2300hrs) on Yesterday TV

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I was watching a documentary on Everton Weekes last year, not long after he died. There was an interview with him talking about when he was playing for Bacup in the 50s, he was asked if he had ever encountered any racism in his time at Bacup, he answered quite simply, 'No'.
    I think that the majority of pros, if not all, who were playing in the Lancashire League at that time would say the same thing. I was involved at Church putting the numbers up on the scoreboard and we had Polly Umrigar, Sanji Raogi Patil and Ralph Legall as professionals and they were extremely happy with the way that they were treated. I then became scorer and we engaged Chester Watson and he speny 7 very happy seasons at the club and never experienced and racism.

What's happened?

Great find Sinkov and unfortunately a good read

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    What's happened?
    For me Education, Poor Parenting, easy living etc etc

IMO not enough really care anymore about anyone else, its self self and self and bollox to everyone else, discipline and lax penalties for bad behaviour, plus the easy ways it is for scroungers to get money and housing for sitting on their arse 24/7, that goes for females also who expect a council house because they didnt want to keep their legs closed.

Growing up, my 4 Daughters used to call me a sergeant major, yes I was strict but very fair, unlike today with the do gooders

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)