+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: or jeez

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Was in the Abbey Wharf a few weeks ago and on the beer boat, then back to Scarbados for the Duran Duran concert ...heaven
    Tell me more about this beer boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Tell me more about this beer boat.
    Its the Endeavour? as you walk from the bus station pass the Co-op, its been turned into a bar, the upper deck is great when the suns out

There's also two in Scarborough harbour which are really good with a great view over the bay

Yeah. I’ve seen the endeavour. It was closed last time I went. I had an expensive margarita in the bar above the public toilets just opposite it.

Thanks for the info.

We stayed at Dunsley Hall last year (just up the road from Whitby - 10 minute taxi ride) and we'd pop into town most days. I love that part of the world - Whitby, Filey, Scarborough, etc. Although the last time I visited Scarborough I thought it looked a little "tired". Give me the East coast over the West any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    We stayed at Dunsley Hall last year (just up the road from Whitby - 10 minute taxi ride) and we'd pop into town most days. I love that part of the world - Whitby, Filey, Scarborough, etc. Although the last time I visited Scarborough I thought it looked a little "tired". Give me the East coast over the West any day of the week.
    The Grand Hotel is anything but Grand. It’s a gorgeous looking building but has had years of neglect. ****ty owners and food poisoning have left it in a sorry, filthy stinking state.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    The Grand Hotel is anything but Grand. It’s a gorgeous looking building but has had years of neglect. ****ty owners and food poisoning have left it in a sorry, filthy stinking state.
    Getting a lot of bad press recently as well.

Read today that Tripadvisor have suspended reviews on the grand as they currently have asylum seekers in residence, and they are getting slaughtered. That said it won’t make any difference!

When Duran Duran played Scarbados it was 98% full on booking.com one of the few places available was the Grand at £155 per night......

They evacuated everyone last week because of a hoax bomb scare.

Friend of mine has a house in the Eskdale Valley between Sleights and Grosmont. I always spend a couple of nights there on my UK visits and it's a real favourite with Whitby and the rest of the coast so close.

If I ever thought of moving back to England, that's where I'd probably try and find a place.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123