+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: England Vs Hungary

England Vs Hungary

What a load of crap.We go one down & from the kick off it takes 7 passes to get 5yrds into the Hungary half.

Police chased out of the away end by Hungarian ultras.

I thought their attacker was brave. He knew what he was doing sticking his head in there to get a penalty.

Said that passing game it's boring. Reflects manager. Good chance England will win but against stronger opponents be harder. Level now but makes no difference.

Lovely ball in from Foden.

I had Sterling to score anytime in my acca and Stones took it off him 😂

Just let the ultras out and send them down past Millwall or West Ham.
    Not sure they would be so brave then.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    What a load of crap.We go one down & from the kick off it takes 7 passes to get 5yrds into the Hungary half.
    Do you want England to lose?

Are you a fully paid up member of grus Southgate and Warne are soft managers.

Hungary will fold in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Said that passing game it's boring. Reflects manager. Good chance England will win but against stronger opponents be harder. Level now but makes no difference.
    It isn't a deliberate passing game though is it gru. Its players at the back looking for passes going forwards but a mixture of not enough quick movement away from the markers and very good pressing and marking from Hungary to stifle any movement. Its only a'passing game 'in that England players are being told to not risk losing the ball with silly passes into players who don't have space, and therefore keep passing waiting for players to make room.

I would agree that England are just not as good yet as the teams who have cracked the same game we're trying to play, Italy, Spain and Citeh domestically. Those teams are brilliant at creating and finding space and moving the opposition around until they work through on goal. We're trying to go in test direction and making slow but steady progress. But to dismiss that as a 'passing game' is missing much of what is really going on. Not like you...

All the quality is coming from England.
    Some bizarre comments on here and yes I think some would relish an England dereat
    As Fender says, Hungary will wilt in the second period

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    Just let the ultras out and send them down past Millwall or West Ham.
    Not sure they would be so brave then.
    Dunno about that. Just showed some slow mo and a couple of the big baldies throwing punches as the police legged it looked pretty bloody scary. One seemed to have a 15 foot punching range. Proper thugs. Hope they get what's coming

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast