+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: England, anyone watching?

Piss poor display, what does that Mings bring to the table goes up for every free kick & corner never gets near one ,

I did not know they were playing last night. I only realised when I saw this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Why would anyone watch England?

🤡🤡🤡🤡
    It's always so dull, dull so incredibly dull. This England team somehow sucks out all the joy that makes life worth living. Gareth goody two shoes Southgate doesn't help one bit with his constant wokey shyte.

Finding a way to get Foden, Greasy Jack and Mount to play together is a Southgate’s challenge. Kane and Sterling look way off the pace - neither playing well for their club. But who to replace with? And an England defence with Minger sitting in the middle is always going to be suspect. Though Hungary looked more of a threat going forward than us. Expect Southgate will go back to his defensive instincts after this.

Think we may do Ok at the World Cup ..... but winning it .... very unlikely ....

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    Confess to being jealous of you for getting to see him! One of the truly great guitar players
    Albert is playing next Wednesday night at the Huntingdon Hall, Worcester. Don’t know about ticket availability.

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    It's always so dull, dull so incredibly dull. This England team somehow sucks out all the joy that makes life worth living. Gareth goody two shoes Southgate doesn't help one bit with his constant wokey shyte.

Southgate was a s hite club manager and was lucky to get the job and been incredibly lucky playing the equivalent of pub sides. His stance on taking the knee and slating supporters who don’t agree with it is cringeworthy!

Taking the knee is taking the message backwards which is why some black players don’t do it anymore.

Many are sick of greedy mercenary footballers like our Harry who can’t manage on his 200K a week.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Albert is playing next Wednesday night at the Huntingdon Hall, Worcester. Don’t know about ticket availability.
    Cheers Ketts. I would love to see him but a combination of finances and moving away from the Midlands to where I do now means I rarely manage to go to shows or gigs these days. I do try to see Ian McNabb if he plays sort of locally as have followed him from his time in The Icicle Works and the old Scouser always puts on a good show but little else. Would love to see Samantha Fish when she is over here next year though so will have to work On that.

Before the 2018 WC my 30 year old son and I were having a conversation me saying 'England will not the World Cup in my lifetime' and him saying 'they probably won't win it in mine.' Just 3 years later I am saying 'we possibly will win it in my time' and he 'I will see us win the World Cup.'

Why do we believe this?

I have been involved in coaching kids football for 28 years during which time I have witnessed a slow and massively overdue revolution in the coaching of young footballers the results of which we are just beginning to see now. For example in the last 3 years two semi finals and a final as against 2 semi finals in the 50 years previously. As long ago as the 70's I saw what the Dutch were doing and in the 90's the French and Spanish to develop skills whilst we were promoting kids that were big and could run around a lot. Even the Yanks were ahead of us ffs.

Now the emphasis right down to grassroots is all about producing clever skilful players which imo is why we now have a surplus of young quality attacking midfielders. It also why the teams from the top European Leagues send scouts to English academies to pick up young talent. Unheard of a few years ago. Sancho and Bellingham at the highest level plus Barry and reportedly Cleary from The Albion are examples.

So sneer and show no interest all you like but I see 'We Are The Champions' back at No1 in the charts off the back of an England World cup win.

It needs more than technically good players 923.

It also requires astute management and forward thinking, I doubt Southgate is capable of that.

The man has constantly folded at the most crucial points in his playing and managing career.

Nice bloke but unlikely to lead us to world domination.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    It needs more than technically good players 923.

It also requires astute management and forward thinking, I doubt Southgate is capable of that.

The man has constantly folded at the most crucial points in his playing and managing career.

Nice bloke but unlikely to lead us to world domination.
    You a can't deny our major competition results have improved under Southgate. Question is is it because of him or despite him? I do suspect it maybe the later.

When he was at the Villa he was a neighbour of a mate. He would agree Southgate was 'a nice bloke.' Isn't there a saying 'nice guys always finish last?'

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)