+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No new signing this year??

No new signing this year??

BFC new Tarks, Pope and McNeil where moving on in Jan with gentlemen's agreements so I have read. Hence player for player Colins, Henassay, Cornet
    Profit making via Pace, not investing in the future or the squad.. discussing!

The club are currently vehemently denying there are any "gentleman's agreements" in place.

I can see Pace taking £5,000,000 for Tarkowski instead of letting him walk on a free in June, which seems like decent business to me.

The club are trying to extend Pope's contract and the same goes for McNeil. This is fact not some tired old output from some obscure journalist who needs to fill a page with made up copy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The club are currently vehemently denying there are any "gentleman's agreements" in place.

I can see Pace taking £5,000,000 for Tarkowski instead of letting him walk on a free in June, which seems like decent business to me.

The club are trying to extend Pope's contract and the same goes for McNeil. This is fact not some tired old output from some obscure journalist who needs to fill a page with made up copy.
    Then again there does seem to be a pattern to it, we have signed ready made replacements for Pope, Tarko and McNeill, is this just co-incidence ?

It looks to me like Tarkowski will be gone in the early New Year...

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...wcastle-united

Even in Garlick's last couple of years Dyche insisted we don't have to sell to survive.

Given the fact we have to pay around £5,000,000 a year in interest on the loan, Pope and McNeil might be on the receiving end of some big offers.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It looks to me like Tarkowski will be gone in the early New Year...

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...wcastle-united

Even in Garlick's last couple of years Dyche insisted we don't have to sell to survive.

Given the fact we have to pay around £5,000,000 a year in interest on the loan, Pope and McNeil might be on the receiving end of some big offers.
    There will be no big offers for Pope BT.His distribution is awful and that is now a part of all top keepers resumé.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    There will be no big offers for Pope BT.His distribution is awful and that is now a part of all top keepers resumé.
    I did not watch last night's game but by all accounts Pickford's kicking was awful.

Only Edison springs to mind that’s any good at distribution, Pickford is not better or worse than Pope and he throws plenty in his own goal .
    Spurs may still have a punt on Nick.

If the statement is true we have already conceded ourselves to being relegated by letting the three players leave.

We are phooked.🤐

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    I agree with CiB, been saying it for over a year, Pope no longer interests the big clubs, he's going nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Only Edison springs to mind that’s any good at distribution, Pickford is not better or worse than Pope and he throws plenty in his own goal .
    Spurs may still have a punt on Nick.

If the statement is true we have already conceded ourselves to being relegated by letting the three players leave.
    And Allison at Liverpool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)