+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Couldn't help but notice....

Couldn't help but notice....

How important Kalvin Phillips is to the England team now after watching the game last night..not the same team with him not in it.

Also...brace yourselves for a whopper of a bid coming in for him from one of the cartel 6

Im not sure about that Rev, you know the lad Phillips much more than I do of course lol.
    But I agree that for whatever reason we/England were definitely average last night and we made a normally poor Hungary team look good and threatening etc.

Walloped em 4-0 away Acido and our KP was like a brick wall..thought we did not look as good with him not in the side.

Suppose I could be very slightly biased

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Walloped em 4-0 away Acido and our KP was like a brick wall..thought we did not look as good with him not in the side. Suppose I could be very slightly biased
    Yes exactly, we whacked them 0-4 away from home last month and we made such hard work of it last night, Im getting more and more peed off with Southgate to be honest.
    Kane and all the other big name players didn't do enough did they, and there was this change of plans and the two 8's or summat like that, whatever that means lol.

Trevor Sinclair reckons that Southgate because he lives in Harrogate, would be an ideal replacement for Bielsa, what a pleb.. I doubt if Harrogate Town FC would want him

He was definitely missed yesterday, Kane and Sterling were awful a reflection of the fact they have not been playing much in Sterlings case

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    He was definitely missed yesterday, Kane and Sterling were awful a reflection of the fact they have not been playing much in Sterlings case
    Agree Kane was dreadful - Sterling was a bit better. Abraham did more in his 8 minute cameo than Kane did in 76 minutes as a threat on goal.

Thought Grealish was excellent - stopped diving so much and has improved in trying to always directly influence play in the short time at City.

Would rather have the watermelon back than Southbore - way too negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Im not sure about that Rev, you know the lad Phillips much more than I do of course lol.
    But I agree that for whatever reason we/England were definitely average last night and we made a normally poor Hungary team look good and threatening etc.
    Because Southgate has all the tactical ingenuity of Hockaday.

Harry Kane was an embarassment, he has been woeful all season.

Never thought I'd say this but Abraham should have started at least the kid is in form and has something to prove.

Kane seems to have suffered from believing his own and his agents hype - always a slippery slope.

we need a Roy Keane type personality to tell him to up his game but he knows Southgate sees him as undroppable so performance doesn’t seem to matter.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)