+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chelsea v Notts 1980

Chelsea v Notts 1980

On ITV 4 at 17.50

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    On ITV 4 at 17.50
    Nice one, thanks for the heads up. If it's Chelsea away that would be 1981?

Just realised it’s the 1-0 defeat at Chelsea the season before the promotion season.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Just realised it’s the 1-0 defeat at Chelsea the season before the promotion season.
    Not this one unfortunately

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6zoxKtnT0I

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Am I right in thinking that this ITV report is the only footage of one of our most famous victories in the past 50 years? We were on the TV a few time that season (like the 2-0 v Blackburn), but not for this one. Pretty sure I've seen very brief highlights of the 2-0 promotion party win v Cambridge the following Tuesday, but maybe I've just been imagining that in my mind (especially Super Mac's cracking goal to seal the win).

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Am I right in thinking that this ITV report is the only footage of one of our most famous victories in the past 50 years? We were on the TV a few time that season (like the 2-0 v Blackburn), but not for this one. Pretty sure I've seen very brief highlights of the 2-0 promotion party win v Cambridge the following Tuesday, but maybe I've just been imagining that in my mind (especially Super Mac's cracking goal to seal the win).
    The Cambridge match was filmed for a local news reports, but I don't know if it was BBC or ITV. I've seen a very brief clip of fans running onto the pitch at the end but can't remember where.

The May 1981 Chelsea report would have gone out on the Saturday night ITN news bulletin directly before that night's "Star Soccer", we'd been on the previous week v Watford and on this night they featured West Brom v Sputs. London had the relegation battle between Norwich and Leicester in which Norwich could have stayed up and relegated Brighton had they won but Norwich lost and both they and Leicester went down.

It’s a pity that tv coverage was so limited back then. I would particularly love to see a replay of Les Bradd’s last minute winner at the City Ground, and the 1-4 win at Selhurst Park against Crystal Palace on the opening day of the season we were promoted to Division 2 in the early to mid seventies. I don’t think either exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It’s a pity that tv coverage was so limited back then. I would particularly love to see a replay of Les Bradd’s last minute winner at the City Ground, and the 1-4 win at Selhurst Park against Crystal Palace on the opening day of the season we were promoted to Division 2 in the early to mid seventies. I don’t think either exist.
    If there was tv coverage of Les Bradd’s goal you would have seen me with some F****t mates in the Trent end jumping up and down screaming like mad without ever moving a muscle.

Happy days 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Les Bradd's goal is on youtube. Blink and you'll miss it...
    https://youtu.be/d4_6hVPyKZw?t=6

Palace 73 wasn't televised. Even for the three season stint in the top flight 1981-84, there's no footage for the majority of games. It's only from 1988/89 that footage exists from almost all home games and from 1990/91 for every game.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Les Bradd's goal is on youtube. Blink and you'll miss it...
    https://youtu.be/d4_6hVPyKZw?t=6

Palace 73 wasn't televised. Even for the three season stint in the top flight 1981-84, there's no footage for the majority of games. It's only from 1988/89 that footage exists from almost all home games and from 1990/91 for every game.
    Cheers UTM, as you say a blink of the eye and you miss it. Still brings back fantastic memories, and one of the benefits of getting on a bit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast