+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T veggies.

My veggie cousin rammed it down my throat so I gave him two barrels back, hardly spoke to me since 😂

I don’t have a problem with what anyone wants to eat, just don’t ram it at me like I’ve murdered someone and need to do prison time 😡

what they cant explain to us is this, if we only eat veg what will happen to all the surplus cows? There will be an extra 600m every year...they will eat all the veg!

What about all the veggies contributing to the methane problem.
    Cows eating grass and humans eating similar leads to excessive wind

Maybe set up wind turbines in each and every cow field. Sorted

A suggestion from https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/gu...one-went-vegan - all quite hypothetical but interesting to think about:

"Billions of farm animals would no longer be destined for our dinner plates and if we couldn’t return them to the wild, they might be slaughtered, abandoned, or taken care of in sanctuaries. Or, more realistically, farmers might slow down breeding as demand for meat falls.

"Farm animals are bred far more intensively than they reproduce in the wild – so any “cows take over the world” scenarios are a little far-fetched. As with all wildlife, any returned animal numbers would fluctuate and reach a balance, depending on predators and available resources in the wild.

"It’s worth noting that not all animals could simply “go free”. Some farm breeds, such as broiler chickens, are now so far removed from their ancestors that they couldn’t survive in the wild. Others, like pigs and sheep, could feasibly return to woodlands and grazing pastures and find their own natural population levels. On top of that, even if we stopped eating animals, our destruction of wild habitats would still reduce their numbers. With nature, it’s always a question of balance."

In the 50s 60s when I was young Milk lasted 1,2 days at most now it lasts a week,bread lasted 1,2 days now it lasts a week.It’s all the crap they are pumping in to food to keep it fresh that’s killing the planet.

Interesting that Lol. Does food seem cheaper now or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    In the 50s 60s when I was young Milk lasted 1,2 days at most now it lasts a week,bread lasted 1,2 days now it lasts a week.It’s all the crap they are pumping in to food to keep it fresh that’s killing the planet.
    Did you even have a fridge back then Lol?

Have also heard that the rise in gluten/wheat intolerance is partly down to different strains of wheat used in bread nowadays

For me if I feel bad after eating bread it’s only cus I’ve had half a loaf with a load of chips stuffed in it!

Bread. is flour yeast water fat.
    bit of salt.
    Warbotons , jeez have a Google , besides all the soya to whiten the thing. it would get Frankenstein back on his feet.

xxxx
    Last edited by sota; 17-10-2021 at 03:40 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12