+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T veggies.

O/T veggies.

Talk about damaging the planet, blaming a few cow farts.
    Soya in just about everything. Millions of acres of forests cut down to grow soya.
    Eat more meat.
    Let the veggies justify that.

The vegan’s demand for palm oil has destroyed the forests of Indonesia and Malaysia and decimated the natural habitat of the orang-utans and Sumatran Tigers there.

Don't get me wrong ,I eat some veg, not soya based.
    But I don't keep ranting at veggies to eat more meat.
    And I thought they were tree huggers.

Its now been said Covid-19 can be spread by someone with the virus, who farts in a
    confined space near other people.

Bean eaters.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Bean eaters.
    Not forgetting sprouts & sloppy peas.

seriously the EPA states that methane from cows produces only 36% of that produced from human activity.

Fair enough but keeping and feeding cows produces a large amount of carbon dioxide. Not by the cows but by humans looking after them
    So I think the environmentalists are more concerned about the production of C02 gas than methane

The sensible solution is to cut down on meat consumption rather than going to the extreme of no meat at all.
    Moderation

I think far more can be saved by simply cutting out on the amount of waste amongst the 'rich' nations of the world, a shocking 30%-40% of food goes unconsumed in places like the UK and US. It's certainly not the case in our household (You can take the man out of Yorkshire but.....)

Evenin all. Most soya is used to fatten up animals that are then eaten by humans. And palm oil is in all sorts, nowt to do with being veggie or not, as other types of oils are fine for veggies too eg rapeseed which is grown in the UK. Money talks though and if you are a massive company that can pay what is a small amount to you but a large amount in another country then they’ll say ‘sure, we’ll chop down our forest and grow some food/rear some animals for a shorter term gain’. And we as consumers want affordable stuff, just natural.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast