+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Consortium in talks with another club ….

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    A dunt get this pumpkin thing , as yungens we spent hours cuttin art a "tonnuck" turnip , Wat tha cuttart tha gave it to thi mam fo to put in a stew or mash Wi sum taties , duz ennybody eyt pumpkin ?
    A roasted some t'other day wi our dinner but wi all dint like it.

Bairn ent bin eytin enough veg lately so a med sum mash tatey, pureed some carrot and pumpkin and mixed it in wi the mash. She loved it. I enjoyed it too.

Art o winter veg a like butternut squesh best. It roasts well, meks good mash and meks a nice soup but the soup is very rich so aif a bowl full suffices.

Nahh in't this a more exciting subject ehh than talking about the owners buying another club lol.

Who fancies some special Halloween pumpkin pie with gravy, and with small chips as the teeth and roasted onions as the eyeballs. And nicely washed down of course down with ice cold red wine as the blood ?.
    Last edited by Acido; 31-10-2021 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Nahh in't this a more exciting subject ehh than talking about the owners buying another club lol.

Who fancies some special Halloween pumpkin pie with gravy, and with small chips as the teeth and roasted onions as the eyeballs. And nicely washed down of course down with ice cold red wine as the blood ?.
    eztha bin ont wite leetnin ageeun ! Dunt thee bi stoppin art allneet it's persisting it darn ere , gerroff ooaham n keep thissen warm , purra freetnin film on " neetmare on grove st " it's scary !

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    eztha bin ont wite leetnin ageeun ! Dunt thee bi stoppin art allneet it's persisting it darn ere , gerroff ooaham n keep thissen warm , purra freetnin film on " neetmare on grove st " it's scary !
    What worries me kid is I understood every single word of that, now I AM worried that I didn't need subtitles this time.

Its peeing it down here in good old fashioned Normy, I can't be bothered stalking the dark ginnels in this awful weather. Id sooner stay in and stick with the lager, and yes Roma I might watch some horror flicks tonight.

Who can recommend a good horror film ehh ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    What worries me kid is I understood every single word of that, now I AM worried that I didn't need subtitles this time.

Its peeing it down here in good old fashioned Normy, I can't be bothered stalking the dark ginnels in this awful weather. Id sooner stay in and stick with the lager, and yes Roma I might watch some horror flicks tonight.

Who can recommend a good horror film ehh ?.
    Conways Chien Saw Massacre intarn

Pacific Media Group founder Paul Conway is in advanced talks to take a minority stake in a German soccer team, backed by baseball executives known for data-driven analysis.

A deal for 10% of FC Kaiserslautern could reportedly be announced soon. Conway is working with investors and multi-team co-owners Chien Lee and Krishen Sud, Tampa Bay Rays co-owner Randy Frankel, and former Rays executive Michael Kalt on the bid.

Known for targeting lower-division teams, often with a limited track record of success, Pacific Media Group co-owns a growing collection of European soccer teams.

EFL Championship’s Barnsley FC (Oakland A’s executive Billy Beane also owns a stake)
    Ligue 2’s AS Nancy
    Esbjerg FB of Denmark’s First Division
    Belgian Pro League team KV Oostende
    Swiss Challenge League team FC Thun
    FC Den Bosch of the Netherlands’ Eerste Divisie
    Local investors acquired 33% of Kaiserslautern in 2020 for around $12.1 million.

SPAC on Track

Conway is seeking to claim a chunk of a more prestigious team through a SPAC he formed with Kalt, Counter Press Acquisition Corp. The blank-check company is seeking a club with an enterprise value between $250 million and $500 million.

The SPAC’s management team includes Frankel, former Rays general manager and current Los Angeles Dodgers president of baseball operations Andrew Friedman, and Angel City Football Club co-founder Julie Uhrman.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Pacific Media Group founder Paul Conway is in advanced talks to take a minority stake in a German soccer team, backed by baseball executives known for data-driven analysis.

A deal for 10% of FC Kaiserslautern could reportedly be announced soon. Conway is working with investors and multi-team co-owners Chien Lee and Krishen Sud, Tampa Bay Rays co-owner Randy Frankel, and former Rays executive Michael Kalt on the bid.

Known for targeting lower-division teams, often with a limited track record of success, Pacific Media Group co-owns a growing collection of European soccer teams.

EFL Championship’s Barnsley FC (Oakland A’s executive Billy Beane also owns a stake)
    Ligue 2’s AS Nancy
    Esbjerg FB of Denmark’s First Division
    Belgian Pro League team KV Oostende
    Swiss Challenge League team FC Thun
    FC Den Bosch of the Netherlands’ Eerste Divisie
    Local investors acquired 33% of Kaiserslautern in 2020 for around $12.1 million.

SPAC on Track

Conway is seeking to claim a chunk of a more prestigious team through a SPAC he formed with Kalt, Counter Press Acquisition Corp. The blank-check company is seeking a club with an enterprise value between $250 million and $500 million.

The SPAC’s management team includes Frankel, former Rays general manager and current Los Angeles Dodgers president of baseball operations Andrew Friedman, and Angel City Football Club co-founder Julie Uhrman.
    10% of using someone else's money .

The man is a parasite .

U.S. consortium will buy nearly 10% of German football club FC Kaiserslautern, marking a rare entry by an overseas group into the country’s tight-knit sports world.

Investors affiliated with Paul Conway’s Pacific Media Group agreed to acquire a stake in the team, Kaiserslautern said in an emailed statement Tuesday, confirming an earlier Bloomberg News report. The deal has been approved by Kaiserslautern as well as its majority owner and regional investors, according to the statement.

Conway teamed up with Chien Lee, Michael Kalt, Krishen Sud and Randy Frankel for the bid, people with knowledge of the matter have said. The U.S. group will act as a strategic international partner for the club, Kaiserslautern said in Tuesday’s statement.

American financiers have been making a big push into European football, with Miami-based investment firm 777 Partners LLC and digital entrepreneur John Textor both recently buying stakes in Belgian teams. So far, they’ve mostly stayed away from German football, where strict ownership rules and fans’ resistance to wealthy owners have kept foreign money at bay.

Kaiserslautern competes in German football’s third division. The club boasts a more illustrious past, having won the Bundesliga championship in 1998 with a team that included Michael Ballack, who went on to play for both FC Bayern Munich and Chelsea FC.

With capacity for almost 50,000 fans, its stadium is much larger than many of the other lower-league European clubs owned by Pacific Media. These include Barnsley Football Club in England, KV Oostende in Belgium, AS Nancy Lorraine in France and Esbjerg fB in Denmark. Pacific Media adopts a data-driven approach to sport management and performance at the clubs it owns. Conway has partnered with Lee, Kalt and Frankel on football deals in the past.

Deal completed apparently.

Another distraction from the task at hand.

Great news.

Does anyone in the media care to ask Conway for evidence the stable of clubs they own are currently successful and financially sound .

Or are they just going to keep reporting the bull shyte ?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast