+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Falklands War

O/T Falklands War

It's forty years on Saturday April 2nd 1982 since it began ,
    I recorded a programme on Sunday night that was on Channel 4 , I've just watched it ,i never realised how close we were to losing that battle " 10 mins apparently ",, many of the Generals who served there spoke for the first time on air about how ill equipped we were, poor information given out from Senior Commander's , unnecessary death's , all a bit of an eye opener and we'll worth a watch if your interested ,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    It's forty years on Saturday April 2nd 1982 since it began ,
    I recorded a programme on Sunday night that was on Channel 4 , I've just watched it ,i never realised how close we were to losing that battle " 10 mins apparently ",, many of the Generals who served there spoke for the first time on air about how ill equipped we were, poor information given out from Senior Commander's , unnecessary death's , all a bit of an eye opener and we'll worth a watch if your interested ,
    Watched many documentaries on it Roma over the years and of course remember it happening back in 82 .

I think most people on here know my feelings about Thatcher but I cannot but admire the way she wasn't prepared to be bullied by the Argentinean junta when they invaded British Territory .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Watched many documentaries on it Roma over the years and of course remember it happening back in 82 .

I think most people on here know my feelings about Thatcher but I cannot but admire the way she wasn't prepared to be bullied by the Argentinean junta when they invaded British Territory .
    this documentary is different to what ive seen before Animal , yes credit where its due to MT for sticking to her principles on this occasion !

I also remember sticking up for Thatch on here once, for ordering the attack on and the sinking of their Belgrano battleship.
    It was loitering with murderous intent at the time, so were we just meant to let it pass ?. 😟

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I also remember sticking up for Thatch on here once, for ordering the attack on and the sinking of their Belgrano battleship.
    It was loitering with murderous intent at the time, so were we just meant to let it pass ?. 😟
    I'm not sure ? I seem to think it was the Man City cup tie ? Going from all that joy to getting back to the local for a few celebration drinks, it was like a morgue , news had just come through of HMS Sheffield having been attacked ,

this documentary is different to what ive seen before Animal , yes credit where its due to MT for sticking to her principles on this occasion !
    I'll try and find it Roma , sounds interesting .

The right call for me even if it was outside the exclusion zone .

Sinking The Belgrano saved many of our lads life's .

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    As long as you had a bonfire,lit fireworks,and calibrated mrs fatchers passing,eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Redrascal View Post
    As long as you had a bonfire,lit fireworks,and calibrated mrs fatchers passing,eh?
    Celebrated not calibrated predicted texting.