+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Dumpdee away this saturday

David Robertson’s name has been suggested as a replacement. He seems to have gone from a quiet unassuming young left back to a complete nutcase if that TV documentary wasn’t embellished too much! Could Cormack be thinking about an Indian takeaway? It would likely be another big gamble!?

I thought I could see what Glass was trying to achieve a few games ago, however, after yesterday's game we are going back drastically.
    Glass and his staff need gone now, before it is too late.
    The supposed brand of exciting, attacking football is non existent. The defence and holding midfielder, can't actually defend.
    We have a good squad of players, on paper, but on the pitch playing to his tactics, we are terrible.

Cormack has to make the move now not in a month or two when we could be bottom of the league and staring relegation in the face. Glass is completely out of his depth and his backroom staff are contributing nothing. It was a weird appointment from the word go, taking a manager of Atlanta 2 with very little experience and none of the Scotland game. He didn't even appoint an experienced Scottish coach with knowledge of the SPFL. How he could have been the best candidate available beats me unless as has been hinted at earlier, he was the only candidate interviewed.

I fear a relegation dogfight if Cormack does not fire the bullet soon and the way the team are playing we would be prime candidates to go down. We need a short term appointment of an experienced manager to keep us up. Alex Neil would be high on my list even Yogi would instil some fight in the team as he did keeping County up last season. Cormack is not the first manager to make a mistake in appointing a manager but he would win the respect of the fans if he bit the bullet and got rid of Glass now. If he does not I fear for the future.
    Last edited by donsviking; 17-10-2021 at 10:10 AM. Reason: mistakes in the post

Having slept on it, my mind hasn't changed.
    The experiment hasn't worked, time for change.
    We were trying something different and I think we were all aware that there would be teething troubles.
    Not getting an experienced coach on the staff at the outset raised an eyebrow, with hindsight this now looks an act of major folly.

But tactically we seem to be defining insanity, with the same thing being tried over and over with the same result.

The winless/losing run, though very concerning is not the primary red flag.
    For me, the biggest single issue is one clean sheet.
    Anyone with the slightest notion about fitba will tell you when thing are going bad, you concentrate on doing the basic things well and shut the back door.

There's no evidence of us doing either no evidence of us trying to do either.

Scott Brown makes me wonder.
    Whatever we say/think about him he has that nasty, win at all costs mentality.

He's a coach as well as a player, what's he saying to Glass? What's his input?

He must see the issues on the park, he must know this can't go on, he must be telling Glass that.

I think the only way Glass survives is if he has a backroom reshuffle and brings in an auld heid with plenty experience in Scotland.

If we do start afresh.....there's not an obvious replacement.
    Goodwin? Maybe.
    Neill? Maybe.
    Hughes......I'd be tempted here. He's a bit of a figure of fun (largely down to how he speaks), but I reckon he knows his stuff. We're possibly too big a club for him, but I think he'd be worth a punt.
    Lennon? G'wa'n fu ck.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Having slept on it, my mind hasn't changed.
    The experiment hasn't worked, time for change.
    We were trying something different and I think we were all aware that there would be teething troubles.
    Not getting an experienced coach on the staff at the outset raised an eyebrow, with hindsight this now looks an act of major folly.

But tactically we seem to be defining insanity, with the same thing being tried over and over with the same result.

The winless/losing run, though very concerning is not the primary red flag.
    For me, the biggest single issue is one clean sheet.
    Anyone with the slightest notion about fitba will tell you when thing are going bad, you concentrate on doing the basic things well and shut the back door.

There's no evidence of us doing either no evidence of us trying to do either.

Scott Brown makes me wonder.
    Whatever we say/think about him he has that nasty, win at all costs mentality.

He's a coach as well as a player, what's he saying to Glass? What's his input?

He must see the issues on the park, he must know this can't go on, he must be telling Glass that.

I think the only way Glass survives is if he has a backroom reshuffle and brings in an auld heid with plenty experience in Scotland.

If we do start afresh.....there's not an obvious replacement.
    Goodwin? Maybe.
    Neill? Maybe.
    Hughes......I'd be tempted here. He's a bit of a figure of fun (largely down to how he speaks), but I reckon he knows his stuff. We're possibly too big a club for him, but I think he'd be worth a punt.
    Lennon? G'wa'n fu ck.
    agree with all of the above

Glass has shades of Cathro who lasted 8 months but won more games than Glass.

The experiment is in the gutter and all the components have failed.

Rip it up and start again.

Just to add -
    Robertson? G'wa'n fu ck, then come back just so you can g'wa'n fu ck again, except harder this time.

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    We are certainly on a downward spiral despite what is said on redtv the ultimate propaganda machine. As much as Glass has been an abysmal failure most of the players are hanging him out to dry with their half arsed displays. International standard players cannot suddenly become as sh it as these charlatan pussies are. Even Brown seems to have acclimated to the less than mediocre standards of our chairman. Self respect is in short supply but arrogance in abundance.
    & for their duplicity , these same players get a standing ovation from the fans

instead of following the manager out the door

I've never understood that

Just to add -
    Robertson? G'wa'n fu ck, then come back just so you can g'wa'n fu ck again, except harder this time.
    I think the name Judus should give Cormack a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    He will when the crowds are below 10k on average , he’s a million miles away from his hallowed 15k season tickets sales.
    He will give glass till xmas/Jan when we will be bottom unfortunately. His ego and bank balance is more important!

Having slept on it, my mind hasn't changed
    Lennon? G'wa'n fu ck.
    He managed Hibs 4th biggest club in Scotland just behind Hearts. So reckon Hughes could cope with the 5th biggest. You boys are in the position alot of our fans thought we would be in with our new managerial and coaching team at this stage.
    Give Glass the full season you're only 9 games in .

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast