+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Dumpdee away this saturday

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    We may well end up in a situation like we were ten years ago when we needed to bring in an old head ( Craig Brown) just to keep us up.

John Hughes anyone?
    This is a question I’ve also had for a wee while now.

At the very least most of us have been saying Glass needs an old head to advise and guide him.

Well, fit the fuuck is Pa Broon doing then? Given the old git never seems to stop banging on about his connections and Fitba knowledge isn’t it about time he started putting some of that to use to help out a drowning young manager massively out of his depth?

That said, maybe he is. Never really rated him as a manager either tbh…

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    Is he related to Sam Allardyce?
    He'll be back at Newcastle on a 9 month contract to make sure the richest club in the world aren't playing in the Championship next season (would be great if they were, of course). Or maybe they'll go for McInnes

There is of course, the slim possibility, that we are witnessin a Chris Columbus scenario ... ie. ... we are headin tae the edge o' 'flat earth' and aboot tae be 'tatties ower the side' .... and us mutineers are justified in our mutinous mutiny by way of being in fear of our lives ...

'Sail On' say's the Captain .... He may even have said ' Hud 'er gan chiels, ye'll see fit Ah'm tryin tae dae fan it's deen' ... ' ... an' if nae, then wer aa as fu(ked as we wid hae been athoot tryin'.

..... he might even hae tried raisin the 'group' spirit by insistin the entire crew jine in wi singin 'if yer happy and ye know it, clap yer hands'.

Noo tho .... if Chrisso Columbo fu(ked up ... we widna be far we are noo ... and yet, his 'sail on' still provides that historical example o' 'light at the end o' the tunnel' .... latterly expressed as 'Believe'.

Maybe it's time we drapped the Happy Clapper v Pant Pisher set up, in favour o' the Discovers v the Doomed!

..... Ah'm wi the Discoverers .... the rest o' ye? ... yer Doomed.

..... OK ... confession time ....

Ah'm takkin the piss .... in ma fkn punts!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Agree that after a promising start Brown’s been a massive disappointment. The lack of heart and fight in the team recently has been dreadful - and I don’t see him doing much about it out there on the park.
    Given everything has gone downhill since the Raith Rovers game I wonder if Brown and Glass fell out over team selection that day subsequently leading to Glass losing the dressing room.

It could well be that Brown is working against Glass.

It’s easy to believe, given that we all hate him really.

I have no evidence to support this theory though.

Quote Originally Posted by medw1311 View Post
    Given everything has gone downhill since the Raith Rovers game I wonder if Brown and Glass fell out over team selection that day subsequently leading to Glass losing the dressing room.
    I don’t believe that at all. His huge amount of changes really came to haunt him that day and it was the start of his demise. Maybe the players started to doubt him which would be understandable but I don’t think he has lost the dressing room. The players are trying it just their ability on the pitch at the moment that is very questionable. The coaching is wrong….we need to get the basics right again before we start getting an upturn in results.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I don’t believe that at all. His huge amount of changes really came to haunt him that day and it was the start of his demise. Maybe the players started to doubt him which would be understandable but I don’t think he has lost the dressing room. The players are trying it just their ability on the pitch at the moment that is very questionable. The coaching is wrong….we need to get the basics right again before we start getting an upturn in results.
    Seems fairly simple though ? If you have some young/naive full backs bombing forward all the time ; Then you have big gaps in defence. ( Which EVERY other team has exploited. !! )

And even when they are back and defending , they make some errors.

Then stick an other central-ish defender in there to cover for them. And give those three clear instructions to adopt " they shall not pass " approach.

Stop losing goals , first.

( And as I`m typing this I`m thinking...... silly thing to have say.........)

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Seems fairly simple though ? If you have some young/naive full backs bombing forward all the time ; Then you have big gaps in defence. ( Which EVERY other team has exploited. !! )

And even when they are back and defending , they make some errors.

Then stick an other central-ish defender in there to cover for them. And give those three clear instructions to adopt " they shall not pass " approach.

Stop losing goals , first.

( And as I`m typing this I`m thinking...... silly thing to have say.........)
    Agreed! Anyone coach we half a brain would adopt that

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    An Arsenal fan sent me this

On the Guardian's min by min of tonight's game they were looking for a team of footballers not particularly interested in football off the back of Ben White not knowing who Patrick Vieria is.

Someone suggested the following:

40 min “While the obvious high-profile players to scout for our ennui-filled team are Bale and Ozil,” emails Norris Eppes, “I’d also recommend our scouts look north ... The entire current outfit at Aberdeen might slot in nicely.”

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415