+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I'd stopped reading

I'd stopped reading

...the gossip column on Football 365 or the BBC

We were never mentioned unless, recently, it was a team looking to poach ASM. I also deliberately avoided them because I remembered a time when we were linked with big players, exciting players...and actually had a chance of getting them. I even used to feel proud when I saw us linked with the calibre of player we used to be mentioned as a possible destination for.

Then it all tailed off and looking at who was being linked with other clubs was just a stark reminder of how we'd fallen.

But now, out of the absolute blue, we're back at the top of the list....and it's fucking mint...I love it!!!

I think most of the players we're being linked with is just clickbait...it's unlikely the first thing the owners do is go blurting out transfer targets to the media.....especially when we haven't yet appointed a Director of Football or new manager who i assume will be discussing transfer targets between them. The new owners are unlikely to be discussing targets with Bruce etc too so imo the media are completely clueless about who we're targeting in January

However i agree it's great to be linked with the calibre of player we are now even though probably 90% of the players won't end up here. At least now we know we're not in the market for Hendrick's and Choudary's anymore....

I was wondering today about our scouting network/team.....did we even have any under Ashley? I get the impression that our scouting team over the last few years probably consisted of Bruce/Charnley with their feet up watching MOTD on a Saturday night

The last scout i remember the club employing was Graham Carr and that was about 10 years ago. There's probably been more but they're not known about...

But yeh latest player we're linked with is Clement Lenglet of Barca.....probably sh!te but it's entertaining to be linked with all these established internationals!

I agree, lots of the speculation is either just that or clickbait....but, whereas previously any links would take you to the website for Knackers Weekly or the Arse Herald such was the quality of any player we were linked with, at least these ones will become increasinlgy realistic propositions.

My mind is still reeling and it's only just going to get better and better.

Agreed but feet on the ground and patience needed. The hope is back and that’ll do me for some time.
    Re new players there’s a pattern forming. Some knacker in the press invents a fictitious story about signing Messi in January, another knacker on social media makes up that this news is the opinion held by all Newcastle supporters. Then, a third knacker starts laughing at us and calling us deluded.

The owners have been clear - a sustainable build, and that takes time.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Agreed but feet on the ground and patience needed. The hope is back and that’ll do me for some time.
    Re new players there’s a pattern forming. Some knacker in the press invents a fictitious story about signing Messi in January, another knacker on social media makes up that this news is the opinion held by all Newcastle supporters. Then, a third knacker starts laughing at us and calling us deluded.

The owners have been clear - a sustainable build, and that takes time.
    I agree with the above and feel we will both enjoy the journey and appreciate it more if it is done steadily and progress is made all around with every aspect of the club first brought up to a respectable standard (a perfect example being the stadium, the training facilities, and youth development)

Fatso in his greedy and addictive chase for the crooked penny has neglected all of these for 14 years and when you consider the fine stadium and up to date facilities Sir John Hall handed over then there is a lot of catching up to do as well as producing a successful and entertaining team on the pitch.

Done the above way and sticking to the rules as well I feel will bring a lot of neutrals, who presently are against our progress back on to our side, particularly if we set standards that are acceptable, and not take advantage as Citeh and Chelski did in the past then we may again be looked upon as most neutral supporters second favourite club as most of them did during the K.K. era.

There is no way anybody knows what is going on right now.

I'm sure 90% of "rumours" are clickbait. 9% agents pushing players on their roster into the spotlight.

And 1% pure bullshit.

Some of them are clearly agents pushing people forward as well as agents using us a way to screw more money out of their current clubs.

However as Zip said, it's just nice being able to look at gossip colums and not feel ****.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)