+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunday's game against Spurs

Sunday's game against Spurs

Does it seem to be coming around slowly for anyone else?

It is for me as it's such a historic day for the club...

I'm 34 and would say it's the most anticipated game i can remember since our two FA Cup Finals in the late 90's...

Looking like Bruce will spoil the party.

I think, because of dignity, they will allow Bruce to front things just to give him his 1000th match record but then he'll fade out of the picture and probably Jones will be running things during the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    I think, because of dignity, they will allow Bruce to front things just to give him his 1000th match record but then he'll fade out of the picture and probably Jones will be running things during the game.
    Bruce will be SO relieved when he eventually gets the boot, scurrying back down to Manchester in his Securicor van. The only business where you can make a complete mess of the job and come out a millionaire, crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    I think, because of dignity, they will allow Bruce to front things just to give him his 1000th match record but then he'll fade out of the picture

Well they shouldn't. People are paying good money to watch the best performance possible, not to see a former Man U favourite reach a milestone which means nothing to them or their club.

The new owners need to know this.

I expect us to get soundly beaten, Only the ownership has changed. We still have a poor team.

I’m very interested to see what happens in this game. We all know the importance of psychology in sport. Some players might be thinking about actually having some success and winning something in the future at our club all of a sudden. Those that have ambition will shine out as will those who just want to play golf.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    Well they shouldn't. People are paying good money to watch the best performance possible, not to see a former Man U favourite reach a milestone which means nothing to them or their club.

The new owners need to know this.
    If done like that it would only be a token gesture and Bruce wouldn't take part in the geography of the game. Ideally, Jones would pull the strings with Bruce merely looking on after smugly achieving his undeserving 1000th stroll onto the pitch.

On Bruce i can only assume the new owners don't want to upset the players by booting him out the door at the first available opportunity. Despite most NUFC fans not liking Bruce a lot of the players probably do and have a bond with him....Staveley et al are probably just trying to be respectful and not upset the apple cart too much...

I don't agree with them if that is the case. Bruce hasn't won a game this season and his win percentage is 19% over the last 10 months. He doesn't deserve to keep his job regardless if Sunday is his 1000th match or not.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear 'we want Brucie out' coming from the stands if we're 2-0 down at half time or whatever and that would be a shame. It's definitely a gamble by the new owners not sacking him....hopefully it won't backfire

More food for thought from this Guardian article.......'what it is really like as a player when you know your manager is doomed....'

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ager-is-doomed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)