+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: James Rowe

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    12k a year in the National League would be a considerable pay rise IMO.
    To leave a club a few games into a season, when you've recruited a new squad and have had a great start, to move to a team a point away from relegation and regular protests against the owner? I think most would be looking for at least double that increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    12k a year in the National League would be a considerable pay rise IMO.
    To move you and your family and relocate from the East Midlands to the Es*** coast for £12k before tax for financial reasons would be crazy talk especially if it's only guaranteed for 2 or 3 seasons.

I obviously don't know Mr Rowe's situation but if it means wife/partner having to change jobs, kids change school etc he shouldn't even consider it just use it as a negotiating tool with his current employers.

Are Southend a bigger club than Chesterfield? Is Ron Martin a good boss? How much does he like Fish and Chips are far more pertinent questions in my eyes.

It is a very long (but dull) pier.

It's reportedly an EXTRA £12k per year.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I should bl**dy hope so

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Yep, that's what I based my reply on and I assume Laddo did too. Rent/mortgage difference between East Midlands and South would soon swallow most of that up. If he's already on £50k a year at Chesterfield, he'd be taking home about £570 a month extra.
    Last edited by Bushwacka; 14-10-2021 at 03:34 PM.

This is outrageous, why go for Rowe when you can try for IB!

For the reasons others have said such as he's built a squad that should be challenging, he maybe settled in the area. Then there are the factors by making the switch such as the cost of living is more expensive down South, the fans are protesting against the owner, the team are in a lowly position at this level I don't see the appeal to jump from Cheaterfurlough to Southend. This is football and anything can happen.

I'd imagine Southend want him because they would want him to turn Southend around this season like he did with Chesterfield last season and see if they can get in the play-offs and have a shot at going back up first time around.

Rowe is originally from Ipswich, so maybe he’s got his family down there? That would be the only reason to jack it in with Chesterfield for the basket case that is Southend right now.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    This is outrageous, why go for Rowe when you can try for IB!
    Or the wizard Ardley..!

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    To move you and your family and relocate from the East Midlands to the Es*** coast for £12k before tax for financial reasons would be crazy talk especially if it's only guaranteed for 2 or 3 seasons.

I obviously don't know Mr Rowe's situation but if it means wife/partner having to change jobs, kids change school etc he shouldn't even consider it just use it as a negotiating tool with his current employers.

Are Southend a bigger club than Chesterfield? Is Ron Martin a good boss? How much does he like Fish and Chips are far more pertinent questions in my eyes.

It is a very long (but dull) pier.
    Like you say. You or I don’t know his circumstances.

Food for thought though. Prior to moving to Chesterfield FC he had spent most of his life down south. A decent chunk of his career has been spent in Suffolk, was himself born in Ipswich, none a million miles from Southend. Does he have family down that way still. Ipswich to Southend is a smidge more than an hours drive.

I would Imagine Rowe has more routes near Southend than any of us could bargain for, hence the approach. I would guess (that’s all it is) that Rowe is open to the idea or else an approach wouldn’t have happened. Whether it’s Rowe or his agent that have said to Chesterfield ‘we want to talk’.

Don’t be surprised if this happens.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast