+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: James Rowe

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Don’t be surprised if this happens.
    Even if it doesn’t happen, hopefully it will be unsettling for Chesterfield.

If he does it's for those potential family reasons, doubtful football reasons and definitely not financial reasons when you add in tax and the difference in living costs £12K a year is s0d all with all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    That doesn't mean much.
    I would go so far as to say it means diddly squat

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Like you say. You or I don’t know his circumstances.

Food for thought though. Prior to moving to Chesterfield FC he had spent most of his life down south. A decent chunk of his career has been spent in Suffolk, was himself born in Ipswich, none a million miles from Southend. Does he have family down that way still. Ipswich to Southend is a smidge more than an hours drive.

I would Imagine Rowe has more routes near Southend than any of us could bargain for, hence the approach. I would guess (that’s all it is) that Rowe is open to the idea or else an approach wouldn’t have happened. Whether it’s Rowe or his agent that have said to Chesterfield ‘we want to talk’.

Don’t be surprised if this happens.
    Does anyone know where he lives? Might not be in the Chesterfield area - players and managers seem to travel long distances these days.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Does anyone know where he lives? Might not be in the Chesterfield area - players and managers seem to travel long distances these days.
    Kevin Nolan being an example. Family were down south whilst he was up here on the lash.

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    I would go so far as to say it means diddly squat
    From my perspective it was just a case of providing further info.

Without stating the bleeding obvious, it could go either. As others have suggested, the move would need to make financial sense to Rowe and suit his family. He would also need reassurances regarding financial support to change the squad. As we know, there’s been significant investment on the playing side at Chesterfield. Rowe would want the same again.

From a Chesterfield perspective. The may think that they can get a decent amount of compensation, which would take away the financial pressure after their spending.

I’d still be surprised if he moved. But, the interest from Southend could be disruptive to Chesterfield.

James Rowe is a selfish hard nosed professional manager who I don't like at all, but he is doing a fine job at Chesterfield. The only way he would leave is if he got a bigger offer from a bigger club in a higher division. He will not be going to Southend for a very measly 12k salary increase and in any event the offer was rejected by Spireites. If a L1 or L2 club came knocking though I would be interested to see his response.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Some of the Chesterfield fans on Bob's board seem to think he lives in Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    Chesterfield have rejected Southend’s approach
    Reminds me of Monty Python

"Nixon's had an ar$ehole transplant"
    "Yes, and the ar$ehole's rejected him"

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    Some of the Chesterfield fans on Bob's board seem to think he lives in Nottingham.
    That’s possible as he got his degree at NTU

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast