+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen game

See the Mystic Meg’s done well.

Any thoughts about the 6pm KO time?

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    It is what it is.

I seen no benefit to us, crowd about what you’d expect for 3pm Saturday against them, wouldn’t want to be travelling for a game kicking off at that time

Might be worthwhile asking if the club made significant cash by going for this ko time?

Might be worthwhile asking if the club made significant cash by going for this ko time?
    Communication at Dens is currently hopeless so there is little chance of the club stating how much cash they received from televising the game live in the US with a 6pm kickoff.
    John Nelms has still not told the Dundee supporters why the game was moved nor apologised for the inconvenience caused to Dundee supporters.
    The club incurred the extra expense of having the floodlights on for about three hours which would not have happened if the game had taken place at the scheduled 3pm kickoff time.

Communication at Dens is currently hopeless so there is little chance of the club stating how much cash they received from televising the game live in the US with a 6pm kickoff.
    John Nelms has still not told the Dundee supporters why the game was moved nor apologised for the inconvenience caused to Dundee supporters.
    The club incurred the extra expense of having the floodlights on for about three hours which would not have happened if the game had taken place at the scheduled 3pm kickoff time.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    so good a reply you had to post it twice! Only joking Islay!

Actually I think the OF will be very interested in this time slot. You wait. Rangers and Celtic games at 6pm on a Saturday. all day drinking, fabulous atmosphere and extra cash from American TV. What's not to like - from their [point of view!

so good a reply you had to post it twice! Only joking Islay!

Actually I think the OF will be very interested in this time slot. You wait. Rangers and Celtic games at 6pm on a Saturday. all day drinking, fabulous atmosphere and extra cash from American TV. What's not to like - from their [point of view!
    Which American TV channel would that be.
    According to a post on Pravda CBS sports signed a 4 year deal with the SPFL to show from memory I think 48 live matches commencing the 2021-22 season until the 2024-25 season inclusive.
    The poster stated that there was no mention on the CBS sports listings of the Dundee v Aberdeen home game with a 6pm kickoff being televised live.
    In my opinion it is high time that John Nelms issued a statement explaining what financial benefit accrued to Dundee Football Club as a result of the game being moved from a scheduled 3pm kickoff to a 6pm kickoff.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Which American TV channel would that be.
    According to a post on Pravda CBS sports signed a 4 year deal with the SPFL to show from memory I think 48 live matches commencing the 2021-22 season until the 2024-25 season inclusive.
    The poster stated that there was no mention on the CBS sports listings of the Dundee v Aberdeen home game with a 6pm kickoff being televised live.
    In my opinion it is high time that John Nelms issued a statement explaining what financial benefit accrued to Dundee Football Club as a result of the game being moved from a scheduled 3pm kickoff to a 6pm kickoff.
    I think we all know John Nelms won't be telling us anything.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)