+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike Ashley

Mike Ashley

Okay before I’m shot down please be aware there is nothing to substantiate this at all…. Obviously loads of rumours flying about but the more I think about it the more it makes sense!

DCFC is just the type of business MA would go for….. he’s done it time and time again with failing businesses to buy them on the cheap because they are close to going bust to then bring them back to a sustainable model!

He has HQ for his Sports direct business just up the road in Shirebrook which gives him very easy access to the ground if required and is able to fly in and fly out as he pleases due to its own private helicopter landing pad!!

He’s able to keep his Sports direct brand at the fore front of TV when we get our matches played….

And let’s be right he’s not short a few pennies and can pick the club up for far less than what he’s just received for Newcastle!!

Thoughts?

Terrifying prospect

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Terrifying prospect
    Really??? Not saying you’re wrong but I’d much rather of lived Newcastles last 10 seasons than ours!!

My Mike Ashley post in the admin thread was just tongue in cheek seeing as he was loosely mentioned but seriously now who has he wronged, why did the Newcastle fans want him gone, serious question?

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    My Mike Ashley post in the admin thread was just tongue in cheek seeing as he was loosely mentioned but seriously now who has he wronged, why did the Newcastle fans want him gone, serious question?
    Seriously? I suspect Newcastle fans are a little deluded. It’s a huge football city but, a couple of minor Euro successes apart, they’ve done little since the fifties. They’re not unlike us...only from twenty years earlier. They had huge success in the early fifties as we did in the early seventies and it has, imo, left them with ideas above their station and a level of over expectation.
    In Ashley’s favour he’s largely kept them up and on the one occasion they slipped to the Championship he oversaw their immediate return as Champions. Doubt I’d like Ashley much, but, as Rich says, their last ten years have been a helluva lot brighter than ours.

Most team's last ten years have been a helluva lot brighter than ours.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Seriously? I suspect Newcastle fans are a little deluded. It’s a huge football city but, a couple of minor Euro successes apart, they’ve done little since the fifties. They’re not unlike us...only from twenty years earlier. They had huge success in the early fifties as we did in the early seventies and it has, imo, left them with ideas above their station and a level of over expectation.
    In Ashley’s favour he’s largely kept them up and on the one occasion they slipped to the Championship he oversaw their immediate return as Champions. Doubt I’d like Ashley much, but, as Rich says, their last ten years have been a helluva lot brighter than ours.
    If you think the last 14 years have been great for us then feel free to have him as your owner. it wasnt 1 relegation, it was 2.
    the stadium is the worst in the premier league and is falling appart. The training facilities are awful.
    He may put your club on a financial footing, but with that is like selling your soul to the devil.
    He will turn your ground into a gigantic advertisment for his sports direct, and if your lucky he may even change your pride park to sports direct arena.
    you will have little to no investment and zero communication to the fans.
    he sucked the joy and soul out of newcastle united. he made it feel like a chore supporting them.
    We may come accross as deluded, but we dont want to win everything, we just wanted a team that tries.
    please take this as a warning Dont just take our word for it, Speak to anyone or just google his time at newastle.
    You desrve an owner that will love to own the club and not just to treat it like another business.
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE listen to the warnings.

I'll be VERY happy to protest about being mid-table prem in five years time. Bring it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Doodcom View Post
    You desrve an owner that will love to own the club and not just to treat it like another business.
    Strangely enough we've just had an owner like that, didn't end well

Quote Originally Posted by Doodcom View Post
    If you think the last 14 years have been great for us then feel free to have him as your owner. it wasnt 1 relegation, it was 2.
    the stadium is the worst in the premier league and is falling appart. The training facilities are awful.
    He may put your club on a financial footing, but with that is like selling your soul to the devil.
    He will turn your ground into a gigantic advertisment for his sports direct, and if your lucky he may even change your pride park to sports direct arena.
    you will have little to no investment and zero communication to the fans.
    he sucked the joy and soul out of newcastle united. he made it feel like a chore supporting them.
    We may come accross as deluded, but we dont want to win everything, we just wanted a team that tries.
    please take this as a warning Dont just take our word for it, Speak to anyone or just google his time at newastle.
    Appreciate the warning Doodcom and accept that you’d know best...but we’ve already had Pride Park named after a soft drink company and tbh being a mid table Prem side or bouncing straight back after relegation seems relatively attractive to us right now. All about perspective I guess.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)