+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: PNE v The Rams

Matchday Thread: PNE v The Rams

Anyone got an opinion on this one? Anyone going? My first trip up to Preston was an FA Cup 1-1 draw back in 1971, there have been many ups and downs for both clubs since then

I was at that game too Andy and the subsequent replay. On the back of Archie's performances in that game and the replay, Cloughie went out and bought the wee lad. Shrewd business.

One we can win and should do so, 1-2.

Only possible fly in the ointment is that there owner has just died. Tickets a a fiver for both home and away fans, All proceeds to go to charities the deceased backed. That should see a full house. Might that spur the home side on? We shall see.
    Last edited by MadAmster; 14-10-2021 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I was at that game too Andy and the subsequent replay. On the back of Archie's performances in that game and the replay, Cloughie went out and bought the wee lad. Shrewd business.

One we can win and should do so, 1-2.

Only possible fly in the ointment is that there owner has just died. Tickets a a fiver for both home and away fans, All proceeds to go to charities the deceased backed. That should see a full house. Might that spur the home side on? We shall see.
    Same. Replay was 4-1.

Hope for a win. Predict a 1-1.

Last time I went to Preston was the last promotion season with Billy Davis, 2-1 I think we won, very enjoyable trip.
    I struggle to see us scoring, so 0-0 prediction for me.

Last time I was at Preston was in 1979 they won 4-0 but at least it was against Leicester! Was working there and dropped by Deepdale to see a game. Billy Hughes - anyone remember him - was playing for Leicester after his short career with the Rams. So anyway hopefully not a repeat of that score: 1-1?

Half time, dominating possession and shots / corners statistics and 0-0. Almost the exact opposite of our usual performance but the same scoreline

Can't score won't score there I've said it, we'll probably win 2-0 now 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Can't score won't score there I've said it, we'll probably win 2-0 now ��
    Didn’t work Stenson. Decent point in an ordinary situation...not so useful in hours. CKR back soon...might make a difference.

Actually from the highlights it seems their goalkeeper had a worldie, still we had enough efforts to make one or two count

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)