+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matchday Thread: PNE v The Rams

I sincerely hope our failure to score doesn't stuff us up this season. The defence looks reasonably sorted, whoever plays there. It's the other end of the park where our troubles lie. Not for the first time this season we didn't get the points return we probably deserved.

62% possession.17 shots to their 8. 5-3 in our favour on target. We really need to turn "playing better" into goals and points. Baldock is probably out for Tuesday's visit by Luton. Not a bad thing IMO. Who plays up top then?

Kazim seems not to be fit enough for 90 minutes yet. So, do we bring back Strets, whom I prefer to Sam anyway, and play the ball into his feet? Do we risk Kaz? Do we play Lawro there with either Sibs or Joz in MF?

Choice enough for Wayne.

At the back does Byrne get straight back in? Will Foz be well enough?

The officials? Not perfect but better than average for the season.

So good it posted twice
    Last edited by MadAmster; 17-10-2021 at 09:39 AM.

Forgot to mention the penalty shouts. IMO the ref got both right. When Festy went over there was nowt in it. For the handball shout, the ball did hit the arm, of that there is no doubt but he had his hands behind his back and I thought he moved it in an attempt to get it out of the way rather than putting it in the path of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I sincerely hope our failure to score doesn't stuff us up this season. The defence looks reasonably sorted, whoever plays there. It's the other end of the park where our troubles lie. Not for the first time this season we didn't get the points return we probably deserved.

62% possession.17 shots to their 8. 5-3 in our favour on target. We really need to turn "playing better" into goals and points. Baldock is probably out for Tuesday's visit by Luton. Not a bad thing IMO. Who plays up top then?

Kazim seems not to be fit enough for 90 minutes yet. So, do we bring back Strets, whom I prefer to Sam anyway, and play the ball into his feet? Do we risk Kaz? Do we play Lawro there with either Sibs or Joz in MF?

Choice enough for Wayne.

At the back does Byrne get straight back in? Will Foz be well enough?

The officials? Not perfect but better than average for the season.
    ‘Lawro with Sibs or Joz in MF’ for me, MA...with CKR to come on for the last twenty minutes if we’re chasing a goal or just need a physical presence to give their tiring defence something to think about.

Baldock might be fit anyway...bet Curtis D would play with a broken nose.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 17-10-2021 at 12:31 PM.

Morrison doesn't seem to be making his mark or am I being unfair? Lawro upfront for Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Morrison doesn't seem to be making his mark or am I being unfair? Lawro upfront for Tuesday.
    I've said in previous posts that Morrison is awesome on the ball. He is a joy to watch in possession. Almost impossible to take it off him even if they put 3 or 4 on him. However, that seems to be the sum of what he delivers. Where's the end product? His one goal thus far, a cracking volley, came from a rebound from a really poor free kick he took. Where's the killer, defence ripping passes? He needs to be giving us more goals and assists. More passes that set up a cross...... as the Americans say "where's the beef"?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)