+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ayr United v Queens

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    Sounds like there’s a decent support heading up this Saturday.

Presumably most were in the main stand?
    353 away supporters yesterday in a game we totally bossed until that ridiculous challenge from Debayo

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    353 away supporters yesterday in a game we totally bossed until that ridiculous challenge from Debayo
    Never realised how bad Debayo's challenge was until I seen it on YouTube. Could've been a red card!

There's a sickness pervading society at the moment, and therefore I am not specifically pointing the finger at the Ayr United fans, who aimed diabolical and unacceptable chanting at Wullie Gibson. I've heard it recently on the terracings at Palmy too, - not necessarily exactly the same topic, - but some pretty distasteful offerings, - which of course have been sung for many decades, and I remember it vividly from the very early 1970's, as I'm sure everyone else on this board will have done.

However, - following the utterly tragic death of the Southend on Sea MP and the pointless killing of the 14 year old boy in Glasgow, something which sadly occurs with unrelenting frequency in London, - we must, - if we consider ourselves a civil society, - condemn the use of language that Willie was subjected to, and agree to not allow it to be repeated at Palmerston, and most definitely not in retaliation when Ayr visit Dumfries.

If we are serious about tackling racism, misogyny and mental health, (and the rest) then we cannot pay lip service by taking the knee and liking statements on Facebook during the week, but then attend a football match and spout bile that has no place in a civilised society.

Many people condemned the Scottish Parliament for trying to outlaw sectarianism, - yet it should have been lauded. There is no place for religious intolerance in a society where around 90% of people have no religion, - or at least very rarely visit a place of worship.

Therefore, - we have a duty to call it out, - along with vile taunts and horrific language, - and there should be a zero tolerance of such behaviour in a public environment such as a sports stadium, - so that our youngsters, the life blood of the game are not poisoned by the ignorance of those who should know better.

I fully accept that such a concept will not find favour with everyone, - but we cannot condone this sort of behaviour anymore and allow it to flourish at any football ground, - which after all is described as the home of the beautiful game.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Never realised how bad Debayo's challenge was until I seen it on YouTube. Could've been a red card!
    Not 100 per cent sure but I think I read somewhere recently that big Debayo had rarely ever played centre - half in his non - league English career

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)