+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: v Hibs (a)

Our defence so far is the best I’ve seen since the glory days of Nary hegarty and c/o. Edwards and mulgrew soak everything up. Freeman and Mcmann not only do well at the back but also give us an added option going forward. Something we have been crying out for for god knows how long. The speed and sharpness of both our midfield and forwards causes all kinds of problems. The 3 goals yesterday were a master class in 1 and 2 touch football. 🧡🖤

Our defence was excellent in 96/97, ended with conceding less goals than games, a similar vibe building to that season with fans and team

Have watched it again for the 3rd time and love the commentators words at all of the goals.

NO1 Pop,pop,pop from United and into the back of the net.

NO2 Edwards header bedlam in the away end at Easter Road.Lovely bit of play by Declan Glass and have a bit of that.

NO3 Terrific 3 points stuff from the Arabs.The home fans have had enough with 15 to play.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oFRJBMp1Sbw

Cracking wee video of yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oFRJBMp1Sbw

Cracking wee video of yesterday
    Excellent

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Have watched it again for the 3rd time and love the commentators words at all of the goals.

NO2 Edwards header bedlam in the away end at Easter Road.Lovely bit of play by Declan Glass and have a bit of that.

NO3 Terrific 3 points stuff from the Arabs.The home fans have had enough with 15 to play.
    Fair do's Boat & credit to the commentator but NO3, Arabs should read Terrors. Shouldn't be getting that wrong in-house.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Fair do's Boat & credit to the commentator but NO3, Arabs should read Terrors. Shouldn't be getting that wrong in-house.
    Was it In-house tho ?

I watched it on Hibs TV, £15 (reasonable) Used the Away team link... didn't hear that being said. In saying that, I was auditioning for Strictly Come Dancing at that goal, might have missed it

What fantastic result and a fantastic performance to match it. Well done Top Cat, Liam and all the lads.

It's wonderful to see us playing great football on the deck at last. I honestly can't remember when I last enjoyed watching us play like this.
    Mellon had us playing pingball playing any ball towards a United shirt at 100 mph. This is like watching Barca by comparison.

Loved how we quickly regained our shape when out of possession and doubled up on Murphy and Boyle. Our new love of triangles is a thing to behold. At last! Hard to separate this from the Celtic game because they were very similar performances just with a different points total at the end.

Three fabulous goals to top it off. I've had to check the league table 3 times just to make sure it's not a mistake 😎

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post

What was special was all 3 were great goals.

I'm loving how we keep the ball in the final third and wait for the right thing to be on.

Nicky where did that come from, would be easy to say that Biamou sitting on the bench inspired him but a top drawer finish after clever passing movement.

A majestic header from Edwards and a really clinical well worked passing move to leave Freeman in dreamland.

But I think we can play better 😄

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    What fantastic result and a fantastic performance to match it. Well done Top Cat, Liam and all the lads.

It's wonderful to see us playing great football on the deck at last. I honestly can't remember when I last enjoyed watching us play like this.
    Mellon had us playing pingball playing any ball towards a United shirt at 100 mph. This is like watching Barca by comparison.

Loved how we quickly regained our shape when out of possession and doubled up on Murphy and Boyle. Our new love of triangles is a thing to behold. At last! Hard to separate this from the Celtic game because they were very similar performances just with a different points total at the end.

Three fabulous goals to top it off. I've had to check the league table 3 times just to make sure it's not a mistake ��
    Three brilliant goals as you said. Very hard to choose my favourite of the three but I'd have to probably plump for number three for a few reasons. Firstly it was just a class team goal and was great to see Niskanen make the right decision in front of goal. Secondly the absolute delirium from Freeman after he put it away which was a joy to see. And lastly the enjoyment of watching the fire drill in the home end after the shytey decisions that put us out of the cup last time we met ��

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)