+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: v Hibs (a)

v Hibs (a)

Back to business on Saturday and the lads will be raring to go. A tough examination but recent performances suggest we'll be right up for the test.

Could do with a performance similar to Sevco home where we used a high energy press, harried them in every position and stopped them from playing their game.
    Then try to use our possession to create chances. A point would be fine, 3 would be a real statement.

As usual no injury updates out of Tannadice so Freeman may start again at RB.
    I'd be surprised if TC starts Maxime but hopefully we see him at some point in the match. Ideally not when we're 2-0 down!

Think we'll be
    Benji
    Freeman Edwards Mulgrew McMann
    Fuchs Levitt Harkes
    Pawlett Clark Niskanen

C'mon United 🧡

We won't be 2-0 down so don't worry about that stoke

Need to continue with same momentum and confidence, tough game of course but one we should embrace now as we are capable of going to these places and making it tough for the opposition

Benji
    L.Smith Edwards Mulgrew McMann
    Fuchs Levitt Harkes
    Pawlett Clark Niskanen

Champing at the bit for this one, and as long as the lads don’t start like the cup game at Tannadice we can have a right crack at this Hibs side.
    Mon The Terrors

If we are still level after an hour I can see us pinching it in a tight game. If we concede early then it will be the same old story I'm afraid. But definitely think we need to be on the front foot and show these minks no ****ing respect at all.

PTBAA and FTD!

I worry about Boyle,running fast,diving,penalties and scoring goals.Apart from that i'm relaxed like Tam.

Boyle is a worse diver than PP but, for some reason, the media give him a free pass. BNB!

he's also a better diver that PP! That's part of the problem, PP isn't very good at it even though he has been trying to perfect if for 10+ years! Both are pretty shocking though. Hibs have been getting a lot of soft pens this season.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    he's also a better diver that PP! That's part of the problem, PP isn't very good at it even though he has been trying to perfect if for 10+ years! Both are pretty shocking though. Hibs have been getting a lot of soft pens this season.
    Whilst we have been bent over by refs all season and yet sit one point behind the scummy ****ers, hopefully leapfrog them tomorrow though.

In recent times they have usually had our number and usually benefitting from a refereeing decision or two.

They've got strength in depth and some good players. Yet, I don't think they are as good as they should be. If we had their squad, I'd be looking to win games far more comfortably than they usually do.

We are an improving side, and I believe we do have a decent chance of coming away from Easter Rd with a point.

Their defence and keeper are their weakest link IMO. If we can get in and about them in that area I think we will come away with something.

However, if I was a neutral doing the fixed odds then I'd be going for a home win.

The problem we have with Hibs is, they generally score more than once at home in every game. We've scored more than once, only once, in the last year away from home, so unless we find our shooting boots and they leave theirs in the changing room, i just don't see how we're going to win this tomorrow unfortunately.
    Last edited by tHeArAb; 15-10-2021 at 05:22 PM.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)