+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: v Hibs (a)

Quote Originally Posted by Handsup View Post
    Word of warning for us all, I remember JMac’s young guns wowing everyone as we barrelled all comers doon the Hulltoon for a couple of months, then Scottish football did as Scottish football does…..it started at St Mirren in December, Danny Lennon’s team kicked the **** out of us, (Jim Goodwin was subbied before half-time after scything down GMS, Ryan Dow, before elbowing Armstrong in the puss, Lennon took him off with a cuddle and a good chuckle) We lost that game and had 9 changes the following week, when Tommy Wright’s Saints repeated the medicine and hammered our 2nd string. For the rest of the season, Hamilton, et al kicked our young lads all over the place and that team never recovered their form. I like to think this team are made of sterner stuff, but don’t think for a minute other coaches will sit back and watch youngsters pick them apart like we did on Saturday, they will ‘bring it’ if this keeps up!
    Not quite the whole story. I heard Gunning took some of the young lads on the town the night before the saints game and some got so hammered they were binned by McNamara when he saw them turn up

Quote Originally Posted by shed-buoy View Post
    Not quite the whole story. I heard Gunning took some of the young lads on the town the night before the saints game and some got so hammered they were binned by McNamara when he saw them turn up
    Some nightmare names getting mentioned tonight ....... 🍔🍟

Yeah, I heard that too, but never substantiated. I do know for sure StMirren started and finished that game with one intention, and we limped off the park!

Quote Originally Posted by Handsup View Post
    Ah but Tel, Butch was part of that team Jmac 13/14😀

I admired much about Ranks and Paton, but was never confident the would do the dirty work.

I wonder if Houston had stayed and got his wish of Goodwin and Imrie, would that season have been different? Would we have been a different proposition with those two along side Soutar, Gauld, Armstrong, Roberson, Shifty and GMS? They might even have won a trophy?😳
    While we are on about stuff like this against St Mirren I remember the cup game there a couple of seasons back. They were putting the boot in then Butch absolutely leathered one of their players. Ok, he got sent off but we won and the message from that was load and clear.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    If Butcher had been fit would TC have put him back in the team? Not so sure myself. Can he adapt to our tiki taka 😎
    Not right now, no. But if he was on the bench and stuff like that was going on I'd have him right on the pitch to be honest.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)