+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Analysis: Quarter Season Review with IB

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySeaDog View Post
    I thought this was a nice touch from the club, to give the fans a deeper understanding of what IB is trying to achieve on the pitch.

The questions that came to my mind were whether the players we have at this level would be good enough to implement this approach. But it seems that the team have taken on board large parts of these patterns of play that IB is aiming for. Now the weaknesses, and areas lacking that have been exposed can be worked on more deeply.

Proof is in the pudding though
    Its all bull sh*t , We are playing against a bunch Part timers for god sake... Not Barcelona....

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Its all bull sh*t , We are playing against a bunch Part timers for god sake... Not Barcelona....
    Thanks for clearing that up for us Durham

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Stats mean nowt when most of it is in your own bleddy half.

Seems like we are trying to paint a Picasso with art students, a colouring book and crayons. Ultimately there are 8 teams above us (with games in hand and worryingly a lot of teams just behind us as well with more games in hand) who’s reports are better after a 1/4 of a season. Grimsby’s is the best report on how to play and win for this league which is the main aim for most supporters.

Ultimately, the table doesn’t lie, 9th and 8 points behind the leaders with lots of teams having games in hand.

Team: C- (could do better)

Coach/ Board: D ( Player recruitment poor, coach underestimates the league and opposition and has been out thought by 8 other teams back to basics!)
    Last edited by keldsyke; 15-10-2021 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Seems like we are trying to paint a Picasso with art students, a colouring book and crayons. Ultimately there are 8 teams above us (with games in hand and worryingly a lot of teams just behind us as well with more games in hand) who’s reports are better after a 1/4 of a season. Grimsby’s is the best report on how to play and win for this league which is the main aim for most supporters.

Ultimately, the table doesn’t lie, 9th and 8 points behind the leaders with lots of teams having games in hand.

Team: C- (could do better)

Coach/ Board: D ( Player recruitment poor, coach underestimates the league and opposition and has been out thought by 8 other teams back to basics!)
    The last 4 teams to be promoted from this division are all in the top half of league 2. All of them had a decent hard nosed midfielder or two.

I watched the video with interest.

Notts are 1st in a few categories but 9th in the league so some stats mean nothing. The league table never usually lies over the course of a season.

The next 3 games will see what kind of team Notts have. I would be happy with a win and a draw but that's still only 4 points.

In my opinion we have only played one team (Wrexham) who are serious promotion candidates, maybe Halifax ?

Messing about with the ball at the back against the next 3 opponents could prove costly but as always being a Notts fan, I expect to be surprised and let down in equal measure.

"Seems like we are trying to paint a Picasso with art students, a colouring book and crayons." Now that did make be laugh , quality Keldsyke

Although those grades seem harsh.

Like many others another really interesting piece from the club/manager.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Stats mean nowt when most of it is in your own bleddy half.
    Well it must go in the opposition's half from time to time as only 3 teams in the league have scored more goals than us.

Or does that particular stat not count?

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Well it must go in the opposition's half from time to time as only 3 teams in the league have scored more goals than us.

Or does that particular stat not count?

Not if it doesn’t suit your particular agenda no

No surprises here. My assessment is I'd give him a C. Could, or more likely should, do better. We are in for a rough ride, playing better teams for a while to come and when others have played the same number of games. We will struggle to make playoffs. Table could look depressing at Christmas. League table that is, Mrs Woody will make the festive dinner table look very nice.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast