+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Analysis: Quarter Season Review with IB

Which Notts owners haven't disappointed you with their managerial appointments Davy?

If it's not rocket science how come as a club we have got is so wrong so often?

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Which Notts owners haven't disappointed you with their managerial appointments Davy?

If it's not rocket science how come as a club we have got is so wrong so often?
    Derek Pavis

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Anything less than a top 7 finish this will be a massive failure, which should see IB relieved of his duties, and if we drift some distance from the top 7 , he should also be relieved of his duties

One of the things that has disappointed about the owners, is there very poor choice of managers, first sticking with Ardley for 2 seasons, blowing our best chance of an immediate return to L2, then replacing him with IB who has no experience of this league

Its not rocket science, all they had to do was go for a manager with a track record at this level, instead of this football radar nonsense
    Who though?

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Who though?
    I'm pretty sure there was a time when we could have employed Grimsby's current manager.

Derek Pavis
    Larry Lloyd ?

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    I'm pretty sure there was a time when we could have employed Grimsby's current manager.
    Which time? I don’t think we were in any contention around when Ardley was, he’d been sacked by Ipswich but there was no guarantee he’d then want to go to a team at the bottom L2. He’s had a torrid couple of years lately. People were saying Clough would have been a good appointment for us but that’s not worked out at stags. I think getting a decent manager at this level relies on a bit of luck.

I know yesterday was a bit shyte by all accounts but we did win our last league game, so I’m not sure what all the despondency is all about.

This season is an exceptional one for the National League with clubs chucking so much money about so there’s no way top spot should be an expectation.

Gotta say I’m happy to give IB more time than Ardley on the basis that he wasn’t in charge when we were relegated from the league for the first time in 140ish years.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I know yesterday was a bit shyte by all accounts but we did win our last league game, so I’m not sure what all the despondency is all about.

This season is an exceptional one for the National League with clubs chucking so much money about so there’s no way top spot should be an expectation.

Gotta say I’m happy to give IB more time than Ardley on the basis that he wasn’t in charge when we were relegated from the league for the first time in 140ish years.
    That was the issue for a lot of fans that Ardley had no credits in the bank with us. Paul Hurst went in at a similar time at Grimsby last season but they got relegated but had his previous history with them and now their doing well again, there’s no magic formula in getting the right manager at this level.

Derek Pavis
    Exactly shame you have to go back 20-30 years for an example

He did appoint two of our best ever managers but also a few duds.

“I might just have done it this time” – appoint*ment of Howard Kendall as manager, January 1995 (sacked ten weeks later).

“If I don’t get it right this time they’ll run me out of town” – appointment of Colin Murphy as manager, July 1995 (sacked December 1996).

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspie View Post
    Larry Lloyd ?
    Add Ritchie Barker to the list.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345