+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Xmas Songs!

Xmas Songs!

Being played in Marks and Spencer’s today......the 14th of October!!

What an absolute f king joke!! 🤡😩

Almost without exception, Xmas songs are ****e. Top of my hate list is that ******* awful rubbish by Jonah Lewis, Send in the Cavalry, or some such nonsense. I will be playing some gigs with my ukulele group in the lead up to Xmas and I fear that the horrible dirge previously mentioned will be on the playlist; I will not be playing it though, it will be the time to go to get a beer!

Tbh, I used to quite like a lot of the old Xmas "pop" songs, not all of them , but most. Trouble is, having worked in retail for so long now has killed all that long ago as you have to listen to them all the time on a bloody loop for about two months. Mind you, only normally getting just Xmas Day off has taken a lot of the joy out of the so called Christmas "holiday" period too and you work so many hours leading up to it and then after, it becomes more just like a normal day off. Was different when the kids were younger and watching them get all excited. Maybe I'm just turning into Scrooge? To me though, it is just greed and there is no reason that shops can't close early Xmas Eve and then reopen the day after Boxing Day like they used to.

Are they playing Chris Rea's Walking home for Xmas. He can't get any fuel to drive.

Yep can't stand them, I have a mild fondness for Let It Snow as it's at the end of Die Hard - a brilliant film.

Nothing wrong with Xmas songs as long as they are played...... yes, at Xmas. If I had my way I would ban all things associated with Xmas, shop decorations, Xmas music etc. until December 1st.

It was around this time that Woolworths used to start displaying the Easter eggs.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)