+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester City v Burnley Match Preview

Manchester City v Burnley Match Preview

Well here comes our usual 5-0 drubbing by Citeh. It has been a 5-0 scoreline after all on each of our last 4 visits to the Etihad. It can’t get worse than 5-0 this time can it? I recall with horror watching the Burnley v City game on the big screen in a Manchester city centre pub back in April 2010. Three down at home after 7 minutes in a pub jam packed with City supporters and then a group of Rovers fans turned up singing “ We’re having a party when the Burnley go down”. Could it get worse than that? I don’t think so and after the international break City will be without Ederson and Jesus so perhaps we can revise that scoreline down a little but it will still be a City win surely. We have lost our last 8 games in all competitions against them.

Should Burnley upset the Etihad applecart I will be cock-a-hoop but I will not be making rash promises having previously forked out for trips to Canterbury and Rome having pledged to visit those cities should the Clarets win against the odds. Ferran Torres suffered a fractured foot while playing for Spain in the Nations League but City can still field a formidable attack with Mahrez, Foden and Sterling supported by Jack Grealish. Clearly Southgate subbed off Grealish against Hungary so he would be 100% raring to go against Burnley. How come none of those expensively paid studio pundits picked up on that? Zack Steffen will deputise for Ederson.

For Burnley skipper Ben Mee has tested positive for Covid and must isolate so Nathan Collins will again step in to partner Tarkowski. Charlie Taylor is doubtful with a knock and Erik Pieters could get a rare opportunity to start at left back in his place. Matt Lowton could be preferred at right back ahead of Connor Roberts who picked up useful game time with Wales against the Czech Republic and Estonia. Vydra is a slight doubt but Maxwel Cornet and JBG should both be available. Cornet who scored 4 goals in three games for Lyon against Manchester City could prove Burnley’s most potent goal threat.

The referee is Martin Atkinson with Andre Marriner on VAR. COYC! Well you do want me to travel to Istanbul don’t you?

Thank you for that Outwood. I don't know why, but I have a slightly optimistic feeling about this year's visit to the Etihad.

Don't worry.It will soon wear off tomorrow

....a repeat of the Southamptom game ? City were the pox, Sterling helping to fluck it, they have one shot on target....and We get the Pen.

1Pope
    2Lowton
    5Tarkowski
    22Collins
    23Pieters
    11McNeil
    8Brownhill
    4Cork
    18Westwood
    20Cornet
    9Wood

Substitutes

7Gudmundsson
    10Barnes
    13Hennessey
    14Roberts
    17Lennon
    19Rodriguez
    25Norris
    26Bardsley
    28Long

Referee:
    Martin Atkinson

We are off all in Black

Football clichés "It's a game of two halves", "United are asking all the questions", "It's not over til..", "City 5 Burnley 0"

Very good we are dropping back not trying to challenge the back line of MC, like we did when we lost 5-0

Another poor kick by Pope, come on get it together

When we drop back we make midfield stronger ,where we SD learn that?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)