+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: WBA53 match thread

You cant judge a team in one match. I get sick to the back teeth of commentators that do that.

Yes, we won but that's about it. We were pretty poor all round and the only time we looked half decent was the last ten minutes after we had scored. Credit to Grant for an excellent finish. What Hugill brings to the side I don't know. I'm assuming that the internationals had caught up with Robinson. Was Diangana injured?

Pundits constantly saying how rubbish we are and how “unlucky” the opponents are!

Long may it continue.

I’ll bet my bottom Dollar MacAnuff bats for the other side......FFS Jobie, fling that closet door open, you’ll be the darling of the SKY media as well as of that big hunk you’re off back home to! 😘

We were very lucky tonight, Blues had 3 good chances and should have taken at least one, where I sit in the BRE no one is happy at the way we are playing, yes it’s a results based business and we are currently top of the pile, which is papering over the cracks and keeping the level of descent down, however if we lose 2 or 3 on the spin this could turn nasty quite quickly, as everyone knows the championship is dire this season so we may (I hope) get away with it, I personally don’t dislike the high press vertical football if it is done well (V Sheff Utd) but I feel the squad isn’t up to this, we really need 3 players in January with real high HP engines and a bit of quality up top.
    Last edited by DaveP67 is back!; 16-10-2021 at 07:27 AM.

Personally, I would like see Snodgrass given a go in midfield. He has got a bit of flair on the ball and able to pick a defence splitting pass which Livermore and Mowatt don't seem capable of. Also, can't wait for O'Shea to come back and relegate useless Bartley to the bench where he belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    Personally, I would like see Snodgrass given a go in midfield. He has got a bit of flair on the ball and able to pick a defence splitting pass which Livermore and Mowatt don't seem capable of. Also, can't wait for O'Shea to come back and relegate useless Bartley to the bench where he belongs.
    Bartley was poor last night even by his standards, caught ball watching on a number of occasions, re Snodgrass not sure what he needs to do to get game time..

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    We were very lucky tonight, Blues had 3 good chances and should have taken at least one, where I sit in the BRE no one is happy at the way we are playing, yes it’s a results based business and we are currently top of the pile, which is papering over the cracks and keeping the level of descent down, however if we lose 2 or 3 on the spin this could turn nasty quite quickly, as everyone knows the championship is dire this season so we may (I hope) get away with it, I personally don’t dislike the high press vertical football if it is done well (V Sheff Utd) but I feel the squad isn’t up to this, we really need 3 players in January with real high HP engines and a bit of quality up top.

To be fair Blues was always going to be hard - derby - poor performances - coming back from the break and we did the job. I thought Townsend, Clarke and Molumby were excellent.

We can't keep blaming the football as this is the weakest West Brom squad ever and not one player is Premier class including Johnstone. Even Clarke could not get in the Brighton team. I honestly think the three who went up would beat us comfortably if we played them now.

So with this in mind - Val is doing a really good job with poor resources. Oh for the days of Harvey Barnes - Pereira - Gallagher - Gayle - Okay to name but a few. Seems like distant dreams when we had class players!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    To be fair Blues was always going to be hard - derby - poor performances - coming back from the break and we did the job. I thought Townsend, Clarke and Molumby were excellent.

We can't keep blaming the football as this is the weakest West Brom squad ever and not one player is Premier class including Johnstone. Even Clarke could not get in the Brighton team. I honestly think the three who went up would beat us comfortably if we played them now.

So with this in mind - Val is doing a really good job with poor resources. Oh for the days of Harvey Barnes - Pereira - Gallagher - Gayle - Okay to name but a few. Seems like distant dreams when we had class players!
    Very true Al!

And had we with these players been in the PL, Norwich would not have been bottom of the table.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    My thoughts entirely Tipp buddy. Snodgrass will surely now get a shout, but I’m afraid Bartley will remain. I’ve said here on a number of occasions that he has good commitment and a great header, but positionally dire. Clarke is a much better option, but that leaves the LB role? (Townsend considerably better in his favoured ‘wing back’ position)

Hopefully Molumby has demonstrated he warrants a start.

I'm disappointed with Bartley so far this season as I thought that he was decent in the Premiership. It's such a pity that we have lost O'Shea for such a long period. Having said this, I'm not advocating playing Townsend in the back three as he is such a threat in the wing back position. By his own admission, Bartley has said that he is underperforming. Let's hope that he can recapture last season's form. I agree that Molumbey looks a promosing acquisition and Reach has looked OK.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)