+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Warne lines up potential new striker list

I feel like you've clickbaited me onto this thread Brinnie lad. I thought there was going to be actual comments from PW about such a scenario...

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    In league 1 against most sides my granny would score goals! Ladapo can go in January. Wouldn't sign Grigg permanent.
    Who has scored the most goals in League 1? You or your granny.

You really do have a deep understanding of the game, don't you. Your classic comment, 'weren't much good at football' always cracks me up.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    Ok I see fair enough, I didn’t know/realise he had played or not I just thought he was out in the cold totally up there.I suppose in that case then i would tentatively say that swings things in our favour..but clearly a lack of foresight from Sunderland by letting him play one game.

On wages I was just guessing and using it an example and it was OUR contribution I was referring too.as this is what they would have to make up if he went back..
    Understand you now pal. Yes we may well indeed be paying cica 5k for his services, probably on about 7-10k at theirs.

In league 1 against most sides my granny would score goals! Ladapo can go in January. Wouldn't sign Grigg permanent.
    gru, mi owd nag follower, do you recall a player for us who did very little running with the odd burst of pace but somehow managed to find the net on many occasions? Glenville Adam James Le Fondre, Alfie to us, played 93 times and scored 52 goals for us. Now when you look at Grigg, to me he plays a very similar game to Alfie and probably is the ideal foil to Smith we have been looking for.

Now it all depends how badly tony Stewart wants to see promotion again as to whether or not we could get to sign him in January. Sunderland will want some kind of fee for him considering their initial outlay so we may well see a bidding war kick off for his services.
    Do we need to sign Grigg?, I think we do. Could we afford to splash out on a such a player? we'll have to wait and see.

Stats on Alfie's and Griggs playing careers:

Alfie: played 569 games total league goals scored 222 = 0.39 per game

Grigg: played 383 games total league goals 119 = 0.31 per game. Close stats indeed, albeit Alfie has played more to achieve his stats.

Smudge is in fine form for us - perhaps the developing pairing with Grigg is helping both of them? Smudge is central to the way we play, rarely gets crocked and opens up play for others. He'd be hard to replace so would rather he stay or if he is sold, goes for a handsome amount to help us to keep our hopes and plans on track

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    gru, mi owd nag follower, do you recall a player for us who did very little running with the odd burst of pace but somehow managed to find the net on many occasions? Glenville Adam James Le Fondre, Alfie to us, played 93 times and scored 52 goals for us. Now when you look at Grigg, to me he plays a very similar game to Alfie and probably is the ideal foil to Smith we have been looking for.

Now it all depends how badly tony Stewart wants to see promotion again as to whether or not we could get to sign him in January. Sunderland will want some kind of fee for him considering their initial outlay so we may well see a bidding war kick off for his services.
    Do we need to sign Grigg?, I think we do. Could we afford to splash out on a such a player? we'll have to wait and see.

Stats on Alfie's and Griggs playing careers:

Alfie: played 569 games total league goals scored 222 = 0.39 per game

Grigg: played 383 games total league goals 119 = 0.31 per game. Close stats indeed, albeit Alfie has played more to achieve his stats.
    Alfie when he signed for us was on the way up. Grigg he's going opposite way. No way would I sign him permanent

Alfie when he signed for us was on the way up. Grigg he's going opposite way. No way would I sign him permanent
    Depends what league we are in.

League 1 he’s a good acquisition, but Championship I’m not so sure.

Either way your opinions certainly score when it comes to winding up geetarman

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post
    Club in Scottish Premier or League 1 (just being devils advocate) ?
    Possibly but would they be able to afford or want to pay his wage demands
    We,ve outbid the likes of Aberdeen and Hibs in the past in terms of players wages so it's probably only the Old Frim clubs but surely they will set their sights higher.

Still way too early to decide on Grigg though either with a yes or a no. Needs to consistently score goals and perhaps convince PW and RB that he,ll still be able to do it in the cship. This next run of 4/5 tough games vs better teams and cship wannabes like us will go some way towards telling us whether he's worth a offer

It’s hard to see Smudge still here after the Jan transfer window if he continues in this form

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    It’s hard to see Smudge still here after the Jan transfer window if he continues in this form
    I'm expecting no changes come January

Kayode to get a run when Smith accumulates enough yellow cards for a ban.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast