+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Warne lines up potential new striker list

Warne lines up potential new striker list

I think we all know that several things could happen come the January transfer window. Smith could be sold, Ladapo asking for a loan out as he's not playing enough, Grigg recalled and even Kayode could ask for a loan spell, but of the four I don't think Kayode would do that. If Smith leaves and we don't land anyone else then that's a perfect opportunity for him to fight for a starting slot.

Sunderland could recall Grigg but for what purpose other than to stall our promotion drive. He can't sign for anyone else this season as he's played for them and us. Taking him back to just sit on the bench doesn't make sense, other than to piss a player off. Anyway, Sunderland seem to be doing well without him so my guess is he stays with us but can't play when we meet in the league.

Should Smith go which I feel is highly likely considering his current form , then unless the board bring someone in of his stature and game play, then I feel we may well stutter. Good luck Warney, let's hope you get the required backing from the Chairman.

I don’t want to think about it never mind talking about it

On the point of the grigg recall,I maybe wrong but they could recall him and either send him out on loan or sell him.I know your citing the two club rule but he hasn’t played or been included for Sunderland so maybe could in effect play for someone else.again I stand corrected if that’s not the case…think this was case with yates with us other year

If they did recall him in spite they would have to pay his wages in full for the remainder of season.an expensive bit of spite.a rough guess even at 5k a week that’s around 130k plus all the physio and costs etc.and I believe he is probably on more than that at full wage at Sunderland…a loan or perm move to another club is a different story.especially a lower end champ club in a bit of a panic..

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    On the point of the grigg recall,I maybe wrong but they could recall him and either send him out on loan or sell him.I know your citing the two club rule but he hasn’t played or been included for Sunderland so maybe could in effect play for someone else.again I stand corrected if that’s not the case…think this was case with yates with us other year

If they did recall him in spite they would have to pay his wages in full for the remainder of season.an expensive bit of spite.a rough guess even at 5k a week that’s around 130k plus all the physio and costs etc.and I believe he is probably on more than that at full wage at Sunderland…a loan or perm move to another club is a different story.especially a lower end champ club in a bit of a panic..
    Clarkey, he’s played for both Sunderland and ourselves in the League so cannot sign for and play for a third club this season, EFL rules. Having been signed for £4 million two years ago, he’ll be on a lot more than 5k a week and knowing Sunderland they will have paid him the wages to match his buying fee.

He played in the EFL Cup for Sunderland therefore cannot go on loan anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Clarkey, he’s played for both Sunderland and ourselves in the League so cannot sign for and play for a third club this season, EFL rules. Having been signed for £4 million two years ago, he’ll be on a lot more than 5k a week and knowing Sunderland they will have paid him the wages to match his buying fee.
    Ok I see fair enough, I didn’t know/realise he had played or not I just thought he was out in the cold totally up there.I suppose in that case then i would tentatively say that swings things in our favour..but clearly a lack of foresight from Sunderland by letting him play one game.

On wages I was just guessing and using it an example and it was OUR contribution I was referring too.as this is what they would have to make up if he went back..
    Last edited by clarkey1974; 15-10-2021 at 11:44 AM.

That sounds ominous.

In league 1 against most sides my granny would score goals! Ladapo can go in January. Wouldn't sign Grigg permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by crookadile View Post
    He played in the EFL Cup for Sunderland therefore cannot go on loan anywhere else.
    Club in Scottish Premier or League 1 (just being devils advocate) ?

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    In league 1 against most sides my granny would score goals! Ladapo can go in January. Wouldn't sign Grigg permanent.
    You think we would get anyone better for potentially nothing ? We should be doing everything we can to get him here perm. He is a naturally born finisher and is the key for us to getting promotion .I would even temp Sunderland with some cash in Jan .

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast