I think we all know that several things could happen come the January transfer window. Smith could be sold, Ladapo asking for a loan out as he's not playing enough, Grigg recalled and even Kayode could ask for a loan spell, but of the four I don't think Kayode would do that. If Smith leaves and we don't land anyone else then that's a perfect opportunity for him to fight for a starting slot.

Sunderland could recall Grigg but for what purpose other than to stall our promotion drive. He can't sign for anyone else this season as he's played for them and us. Taking him back to just sit on the bench doesn't make sense, other than to piss a player off. Anyway, Sunderland seem to be doing well without him so my guess is he stays with us but can't play when we meet in the league.

Should Smith go which I feel is highly likely considering his current form , then unless the board bring someone in of his stature and game play, then I feel we may well stutter. Good luck Warney, let's hope you get the required backing from the Chairman.