Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
gru, mi owd nag follower, do you recall a player for us who did very little running with the odd burst of pace but somehow managed to find the net on many occasions? Glenville Adam James Le Fondre, Alfie to us, played 93 times and scored 52 goals for us. Now when you look at Grigg, to me he plays a very similar game to Alfie and probably is the ideal foil to Smith we have been looking for.

Now it all depends how badly tony Stewart wants to see promotion again as to whether or not we could get to sign him in January. Sunderland will want some kind of fee for him considering their initial outlay so we may well see a bidding war kick off for his services.
Do we need to sign Grigg?, I think we do. Could we afford to splash out on a such a player? we'll have to wait and see.

Stats on Alfie's and Griggs playing careers:

Alfie: played 569 games total league goals scored 222 = 0.39 per game

Grigg: played 383 games total league goals 119 = 0.31 per game. Close stats indeed, albeit Alfie has played more to achieve his stats.
Alfie when he signed for us was on the way up. Grigg he's going opposite way. No way would I sign him permanent