+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breaking news Tory Mp has been stabbed multiple times

Breaking news Tory Mp has been stabbed multiple times

WTF? Lets hope he makes a good recovery from this and thoughts with his family. This sort of thing beginning to happen more often now but really don't know what the answer is. Extra policing and harsher penalties will only get you so far but need more systemic prevention measures.

Latest news report says that despite efforts of emergency services he has sadly died at the scene.

I wonder what Angela Rayner has to say about this terrible news.

No doubt putting up the bunting at one of the “Tory Scum” being eradicated!

This is why the sort of filth that she spouted is so dangerous.

The opposite side of the Jo Cox coin and both equally horrific.

Labour’s Stephen Timms was lucky to survive a similar attack on him as well.

Completely unacceptable.

The guy had five children as well, how awful for all connected with him.

Bring back hanging.

I know that I'll be shot down by some for saying this but this poor man was a Brexiteer, a Royalist, anti gay marriage and anti abortion. The perpetrator of this crime was a young 25 year old! Am I drawing the wrong conclusions?

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    I know that I'll be shot down by some for saying this but this poor man was a Brexiteer, a Royalist, anti gay marriage and anti abortion. The perpetrator of this crime was a young 25 year old! Am I drawing the wrong conclusions?
    Far too early to speculate at the moment as we don't know reasons for the attack. Doesn't really matter what the bloke's beliefs were though as he certainly doesn't deserve what happened. If you don't agree with.someone then you argue your case why, you can even take the Mickey or use satire of sarcasm but to simply shout abuse (e.g. Tory Scum) achieves nothing and says far more about you than them and to resort to violence is even worse. Any form of violence should surely be only a last resort and only be a defensive action. In this case however we don't know what the motivation was or even if the attack was driven by political or personal disagreements but what needs to be done now is to try and find better ways to prevent it happening again.

Absolutely appalling. I really feel for his family.

We don't know the motive for this attack yet, but presumably its political. Mick is right to point out that divisive language like what Angela Rayner used is providing a foundation for this subtle undercurrent of extreme political views.

I think MPs are going to need protecting officers with them going forwards. A sad state of affairs in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Absolutely appalling. I really feel for his family.

We don't know the motive for this attack yet, but presumably its political. Mick is right to point out that divisive language like what Angela Rayner used is providing a foundation for this subtle undercurrent of extreme political views.

I think MPs are going to need protecting officers with them going forwards. A sad state of affairs in this country.

I totally agree about MPs needing protection officers. Prince Andrew has one FFS! So sad for his family and children!

The person needs to be executed along with that scumbag who murdered Sarah Everard!

I agree with you Al on the death penalty except in the case of Islamic Terrorists as they are then glorified as martyrs so it becomes a win-win for them - letting them rot for life in Belmarsh or the Scrubs for decades becomes far more preferable.

It's mental how someone would give up their own freedom by killing someone knowing they won't get away with it and that the world will keep on turning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)