+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FA Cup draw

FA Cup draw

Ball number 14 is the one to look for on Sunday, ITV @ 1pm.
    The question is: what is the other number we're looking for?
    I'll be looking for 60 (drawn 1st) which would mean a short trip for me at
    Stockport. almost as appealing would be 61 Southport or Altrincham and 51 Curzon Ashton.
    49 Wrexham at home would be tasty (return of JJ). Of course Curzon and County would have to win on Saturday first!!
    Away at Pontefract Collieries might be a bit interesting.
    Anyone else got favourites they want to look out for?

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Ball number 14 is the one to look for on Sunday, ITV @ 1pm.
    The question is: what is the other number we're looking for?
    I'll be looking for 60 (drawn 1st) which would mean a short trip for me at
    Stockport. almost as appealing would be 61 Southport or Altrincham and 51 Curzon Ashton.
    49 Wrexham at home would be tasty (return of JJ). Of course Curzon and County would have to win on Saturday first!!
    Away at Pontefract Collieries might be a bit interesting.
    Anyone else got favourites they want to look out for?
    We are due an interesting first round game the last few seasons have been a little uninspiring. But we will probably end up away to a top league 1 club. Would love a visit to a non league ground seems a long time since we did that.

Would love an easily winnable tie against a plucky loser in which our fringe players could safely be given a chance to make a case to play!

However, we've got Swindon at home, currently unbeaten away, scoring 11 goals. Doesn't bode well! We really need a decent FA Cup run to brighten up the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    We are due an interesting first round game the last few seasons have been a little uninspiring. But we will probably end up away to a top league 1 club. Would love a visit to a non league ground seems a long time since we did that.
    We had Eastleigh away a couple of years ago and just scraped through after a replay. It was also on telly if I recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Teammoo View Post
    We had Eastleigh away a couple of years ago and just scraped through after a replay. It was also on telly if I recall correctly.

Not wanting to be picky but that was a round 2 fixture after we had won 2-0 at Accrington in rd 1 I was just talking about 1st rd fixtures as they tend to get the fans a little more excited than rd 2.

I think it was 2015-16 season when we did play Eastleigh in the 1st rd at Gresty Rd and that resulted in a 1-0 defeat a dreadful piece of goalkeeping if my memory serves me right giving away a penalty and we were dreadful all afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    Not wanting to be picky but that was a round 2 fixture after we had won 2-0 at Accrington in rd 1 I was just talking about 1st rd fixtures as they tend to get the fans a little more excited than rd 2.

I think it was 2015-16 season when we did play Eastleigh in the 1st rd at Gresty Rd and that resulted in a 1-0 defeat a dreadful piece of goalkeeping if my memory serves me right giving away a penalty and we were dreadful all afternoon.
    Not being picky at all, just correcting my mistake. Ta