+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading v Barnsley match thoughts

We’ll the player meeting worked a treat. Only way to force a change is to keep losing games.

Needs sacking with immediate effect.

He's got to go

12 games 7 goals scored 4 lost on trot enough said

You know where you stand in the grand scheme of things when you are relying on Devante Cole to nick you a goal .

Hand on heart I don't think Schopp is going anywhere until the future of the club is resolved .

If the rumours are true about Parekh and James Cryne buying out the other members of the consortium which I understand has come from a very very credible source then there's no chance Schopp will be sent packing and paid up .

Any survival chances will have to be found with what we have at the club today .

Fourth bottom is now the target .

Powder Puff football , lightweight , Brittain what's happened to him ? And don't get me started on Oduor or Cole , hearts as big as a pea ,
    Goodbye Schoppy that not up to it sadly ,
    PS great finish by the Reading Lad ,

Add Palmer to that list Roma, he wouldn’t get in a school team on that performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    Add Palmer to that list Roma, he wouldn’t get in a school team on that performance.
    he gave up on a loose ball just before they scored , he made no attempt to retrieve it , we were fortunate to survive on that occasion , it was only a matter of time before any luck we were having ran out , the annoying thing is we could well have been 2 up at half time ,

Nudgers Notes ……… Reading

For those that didn’t watch the game.

First thing …….
    BARNSLEY ABSOLUTELY DOMINATED - and lost.
    No matter what the stats say regarding chances for every relatively easy chance Reading had to score - Barnsley had FIVE.
    Barnsley play was brilliant in patches - far in front of anything Reading produced.
    But because of the missed chances you could feel the inevitable was going to happen.

Our wing backs were very very poor.
    Williams was shockingly bad.
    Nearly gifted Reading 3 goals with his mistakes.
    But he improved when moved to his natural position on the right.
    As for Brittain - dear oh dear - he needs dropping for the next game.
    He’s clearly got the skill - but we all can see now why he hasn’t been picked up by other teams before Barnsley got him - he has a brittle personality - mentally weak.
    Just not at the races.
    Totally at fault for their goal.
    Substituted soon after.
    Schopp had obviously seen enough of him.

Time and time again we found ourselves in great positions but the final ball - usually from the 2 abysmal wingbacks was at best pathetic.

And - what’s happened to the high line in defence that we had last season?
    All three defenders stood near the halfway line.
    That’s another successful tactic that’s disappeared this season.

The club obviously know they made a huge mistake signing Obbi - as towards the end of the game Helik played centre forward.
    I know Appo isn’t the strongest but IMO he should be tried in that position because at least he adds height.

I don’t know why Leya has been brought in because he dosent contribute strength to the forward line and neither has he got speed to get away from defenders.
    I would say Cole is a better option here - at least he has the speed.

On the positive side of things …..
    Moon continues his progress.
    Victor was better and tried hard to use his strength but again was too often shouldered off the ball.
    Woodrow had a decent game.
    Collins was again brilliant.

Conclusion.
    Yes - we know we are lacking players - especially players that can provide something different up front such as Morris and Obbi.
    But there’s no excuse for the
    LACK OF CONFIDENCE shown by the players.
    Confidence is the responsibility of the manager - and as much as I’ve supported Marcus Schopp in the past - because he suddenly hasn’t become a bad manager - the players confidence is on the floor.
    Sadly the only way now that I think that can be changed is if there is a new manager brought in.
    I’d expect changes soon.

If not - it’s looking like relegation.

I've never known it happen before , but could the Assistant HC be moved up to HC and the HC be moved to Assistant HC ? Is it Laumann ? He seems to have some passion and fight about him at least, I noticed today players going over to him for advice or maybe an energy bar !! Slack Schopp just stands there like a dummy in a charity shop ,

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast