+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading v Barnsley match thoughts

Ive asked you time and time again now Nudger to stop duplicating threads on here, especially when it comes to match day.
    Your 'other' thread on the same subject has been merged into this match day thread.
    By the way, some other boards are much stricter when it comes to duplicating threads, I still think I/we are lenient on here when it comes to that sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Sometimes it's good to play the man. In a game sometimes when thy up against a sh1thouse, it's necessary.
    Pmsl

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Pmsl
    One of the best comebacks on here in years I thought from Pass .

Quality reply .

All the best mate….. if them Blades annoy you , wek em up Int night shouting “MATRON…MATRON,!!”

It sounds like an improved performance from us which admittedly deserved better. Whether thats true or not I don't know, but the stats suggest it was and some of their fans even say so as well.
    I heard Cole & Iseka caused Millwall loads of problems in the first half of the previous match, so why did he drop him again and start today with Adeboyajo ?.
    It sounds like Woodrow was up for it to begin with today and was causing a nuisance to their defenders and keeper, but once again it was only for an hour at the most, and when it came to their goal it sounded like they had more to call on and they upped their game round the 70 minute mark.
    Thats when our players look like they are knackered and its a case of hang on then to what we've got.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58853028

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Ive asked you time and time again now Nudger to stop duplicating threads on here, especially when it comes to match day.
    Your 'other' thread on the same subject has been merged into this match day thread.
    By the way, some other boards are much stricter when it comes to duplicating threads, I still think I/we are lenient on here when it comes to that sort of thing.
    Apologies chuck.
    I didn’t look - I just posted.
    Probably left overs from the BBS days when I used to post Nudgers Notes on there after a match - and there’s several posts started and accepted on the same theme on there.

Although in saying that I’ve never been a fan of long threads - because important points can easily be missed - people tend to ride over what’s been posting and just go straight to the last thing posted.

No harm done.
    I’ll remember next time.

"To get there (in a position to score) is one thing but to finish is another. We all know how it works in football, sometimes you start scoring and you don't know why, but it is hard work to get there.
    I am the manager, I try my best every day and I will do that as long as possible because I am really sure we are developing in a right way that's probably not seen with the results. But a couple of young players are making big steps forward and when a couple of other guys come back, we will be on a high level."

These are Schopp's comments after todays match.
    I don't understand what he means about 'sometimes you don't know why or how you start scoring' etc, well your the manager for goodness sake so if you don't know!!.
    Yes maybe he is trying his best, but whats sad and worrying about that is he just seems inept and badly not good enough.
    The results are poor and even with good performances, any manager/coach knows that results count the most in the long term, and on that reason alone hes lucky to still be in the job.
    Hes still talking like it will all be great when we get those few missing players back again, well I don't believe that for one minute.

"To get there (in a position to score) is one thing but to finish is another. We all know how it works in football, sometimes you start scoring and you don't know why, but it is hard work to get there.
    I am the manager, I try my best every day and I will do that as long as possible because I am really sure we are developing in a right way that's probably not seen with the results. But a couple of young players are making big steps forward and when a couple of other guys come back, we will be on a high level."

I don't understand what he means about 'sometimes you don't know why or how you start scoring' etc, well your the manager for goodness sake so if you don't know!!.
    Yes maybe he is trying his best, but whats sad and worrying about that is he just seems inept and badly not good enough.
    The results are poor and even with good performances, any manager/coach knows that results count the most in the long term, and on that reason alone hes lucky to still be in the job.
    Hes still talking like it will all be great when we get those few missing players back again, well I don't believe that for one minute.

Less than an 8% win percentage.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemsy_Phil View Post
    Less than an 8% win percentage.
    As good as that ehh lol, I didn't even think it was that much. We're the only team in the league with 1 win and the only consolation I could take today was that Hull lost, and Peterbrough lost late on at Middlesbrough, and that took us back up to 3rd from bottom!!.

All I'm saying and I know it's difficult Acido but we may well be better placed RIGHT NOW to lay off the HC and players and try and get behind them .

We all can see the problems and how Schopp's performed but at the same time he may well be all we have .

Absolutely no way are Conway , Lee and Hung going to pay him off if the sale of the club to James Cryne and Parekh is under negotiation .

Neither is any money going to be made available in January .

We can only play the game that we are facing .

We are going to have to stick with what we have and hopefully we can survive .

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast