+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Reading v Barnsley match thoughts

Perky, Ive also always thought that Woodrow is not captain material and it should be given to somebody else.
    Yes that is so annoying that he has a shot at goal everytime with a long free kick, as he isn't going to score brilliant free kicks like the one at Stoke everytime is he, and he/they should be trying something different.

Btw I hear Schopp has been at it again with critical comments directed at certain players after yesterdays match. If and I say IF this is what hes going to do after every defeat, then it just shows that he hasn't a clue and certainly hasn't got hold of the dressing room anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Perky, Ive also always thought that Woodrow is not captain material and it should be given to somebody else.
    Yes that is so annoying that he has a shot at goal everytime with a long free kick, as he isn't going to score brilliant free kicks like the one at Stoke everytime is he, and he/they should be trying something different.

Btw I hear Schopp has been at it again with critical comments directed at certain players after yesterdays match. If and I say IF this is what hes going to do after every defeat, then it just shows that he hasn't a clue and certainly hasn't got hold of the dressing room anymore.
    The players wouldn't be losing any sleep if he goes and neither would the fans .

Only paying him up and compensation having to be paid to hire another HC keeps him here in my opinion .

Hand on heart I'm going to see this through the financial restrictions we currently are subjected to .

We need someone to galvanize this group , get their mojo back , some plain and simple tactics and a system of play that gives us a chance of winning games .

It wouldn't cost the earth to get Hecky back here with a remit to keep us up and we'll see next summer agreement .

I take the point he ain't everyone's cup of char but he's a solid record here with an underperforming group of players on his CV .

He's Barnsley and he gets us .

I'm not thinking long term I'm thinking a man for the current situation , keep us up .

Nowt more than that .

Despite my critical comments of how it turned out in the end with Hecky, I also think he'd give us a better chance of staying up this season than the man we've got now. And I'd also back Stendel to do the same, but I also think that for various reasons, we are stuck with Schopp.
    Remember in the past when one of our main reasons for sticking with a poor manager/coach was that we sack them too regularly and we need some stability for once etc.
    Well it looks like the only thing Schopp has in his favour currently, is how much it would cost the owners to sack him and pay him off. Even though they can easily afford it, they probably wouldn't like having to admit they messed up badly by appointing him!.
    Last edited by Acido; 17-10-2021 at 07:48 PM.

Hecky or Stendel would keep us up I'm sure of it! However Hecky would never come back under this regime and it would be a massive climb down by the owners to bring Stendel back so I can't see that happening? We have more chance of them giving Morais another go!
    Hopefully they will get bought out, sack the clown and offer Wilder a job? Unfortunately I only see the status quo being maintained, the ground being run down further, more sales in January because they won't put money in and Schopp being given more sub standard replacements and loans to battle all the way to league one.
    If they do decide to replace Schopp we all know it will be Willy Van Winkle from some Austrian 3rd division club that is hailed as a visionary at playing the high press game with raw talent!

If it wasnt a poison job at the moment id want in Redfern . But same as said about big mick. Under this lot it would ruin there name ... on the same note i dont want bobby or disco to step up n do it either

Having watched the match I wondered if we had improved or were Reading just poor? We did play some nice football, although we have; in parts, in other games too. People have had a go at Britain for not shooting at times, this is a 360° turn to people having a go at him for shooting all the time, I'm not singling any one person out got this as I'm just as guilty. Didn't he hit a tremendous volley that hit the post? Two inch the other side and that was a goal.
    I watched the Millwall game when we had Cole and Iseka on and thought they had moments where they looked a good together and given another few games they could do well as a strike partnership, they seemed to be developing an understanding with a few flicks and fancy passing that got us into some good positions, that both seed to latch on to. Since then they've not had chance to see how it would turn out and we keep sticking with Victor. Not taking Victor's work ethic away from him, he gives 100%, but his footballing nounce seems limited. At one point in the match he seemed surprised he got the ball passed to him even though he was in a goal scoring position, and just seemed to not be expecting it and then he just panicked into fluffing his shot. I like the lad but he's not championship material or even Striker material, looking at the evidence.
    If we get all injured parties back, I can see us making a go of it and staying up, even with Schopp. The trouble is, will they all be back in time to do this?

Heckingbottom?? Dear god no.

Redfearn?? Good coach terrible manager.

Personally would love Chris Wilder here but this board won't appoint someone like him.

Be someone else from the Austrian leagues no doubt.

At the moment id give Redfern a pair of boots. Hes probably still better than the 60 minutes midfield weve got now

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyDaft View Post
    At the moment id give Redfern a pair of boots. Hes probably still better than the 60 minutes midfield weve got now

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyDaft View Post
    Cracker !

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast