+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Reading v Barnsley match thoughts

Yeah I was saying that on a few recent threads Animal, that its obvious hes not going to be sacked anytime soon, if at all. So its a case of bite the tongue and accept what we've got and hope for the best etc.

Part of me actually thought we might surprise them and sneak it today, I thought there was more of a chance of that happening than us actually hanging on for a goal less draw, so lets go for it.
    Who knows if it will all work out later on in the season, when we do have a fully fit Mads at the back with Helik again and a fully fit Morris up front with Woodrow. I really want Schopp to be proved right there, but the signs aren't good.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Yeah I was saying that on a few recent threads Animal, that its obvious hes not going to be sacked anytime soon, if at all. So its a case of bite the tongue and accept what we've got and hope for the best etc.

Part of me actually thought we might surprise them and sneak it today, I thought there was more of a chance of that happening than us actually hanging on for a goal less draw, so lets go for it.
    Who knows if it will all work out later on in the season, when we do have a fully fit Mads at the back with Helik again and a fully fit Morris up front with Woodrow. I really want Schopp to be proved right there, but the signs aren't good.
    I think the most worrying thing you've said there Acido is 'a fully fit Morris up front' (for the rest of the season). I can't see that happening as the lad does seem injury prone. He was probably able to avoid injury last season because for much of the time he was only used for parts of games. We need someone else to step up and provide cover when he's not available.

Y'all, I am so angry right now. We played a great match....for 67 minutes! I'm a firm believer that the SECOND Aaron Leya Iseka left the game we became same old Barnsley of the previous X number of matches this season.

We were dominant, creative, and confident with ALI in the game. When he left, we did a complete 180. I love Clarke too, don't get me wrong, but ALI needs to play 90 minutes - it's clear he's our best player and also clear he did NOT want to be subbed out based on his body language.

Sucks about Romal's injury, it's clear he has a bright future and could have helped us a lot in the final minutes. But regardless, this team was night and day in performance and it all occurred once ALI left the game.

So frustrating in my opinion, yelling at my tv from across the pond with you all. Schopp's future is bleak.

Cmon you Reds.....

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    I think the most worrying thing you've said there Acido is 'a fully fit Morris up front' (for the rest of the season). I can't see that happening as the lad does seem injury prone. He was probably able to avoid injury last season because for much of the time he was only used for parts of games. We need someone else to step up and provide cover when he's not available.
    That’s true - how many times did we see the ball passed forward to either Victor, Leya and Woodrow and they couldn’t hold the ball long enough to allow for support to get near them.
    Things are desperate in that department when Marcus has to move the rock of our defence forward into the target striker position.

I said weeks and weeks ago that we wouldn’t win another game until we had at least one of the target strikers (Morris or Obbi) in the team.
    Unfortunately it’s coming true.
    It’s beyond frustrating.

It worked on the odd occasion under Struber didn't it, when we pushed Halme up front late on in the game and he got a couple of goals. But that is a desperate situation when a team have to resort to that, and sadly Schopp doesn't seem to have many other options in that department.
    For a start there is no Dike anymore and we knew that was going to happen. Victor is simply not good enough, Chaplin has left obviously, and Frieser has surely had more than enough time here now to be better than the level hes at.
    And Morris is of course a real threat up front but only when he stays fit, and sadly his fitness and injury issue is now having to be questioned.
    Last edited by Acido; 16-10-2021 at 10:10 PM.

I feel one big mistake is loaning out Herbie Kane to Oxford.

One rumour is that Schopp has issues with certain players and Kane is one player he doesn't have much time for.

Given our current injury situation you would feel Kane would be an ideal player to turn to.

If Schopp does get the bullet any tome soon id expect to see Kane back with us in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    That’s true - how many times did we see the ball passed forward to either Victor, Leya and Woodrow and they couldn’t hold the ball long enough to allow for support to get near them.
    Things are desperate in that department when Marcus has to move the rock of our defence forward into the target striker position.

I said weeks and weeks ago that we wouldn’t win another game until we had at least one of the target strikers (Morris or Obbi) in the team.
    Unfortunately it’s coming true.
    It’s beyond frustrating.
    keep pinning your hopes on this obbi fella.... is that really how desperate we are.... no one has seen him play yit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemsy_Phil View Post
    I feel one big mistake is loaning out Herbie Kane to Oxford.

One rumour is that Schopp has issues with certain players and Kane is one player he doesn't have much time for.

Given our current injury situation you would feel Kane would be an ideal player to turn to.

If Schopp does get the bullet any tome soon id expect to see Kane back with us in January.
    Anyone who saw the second half of our game at Bournemouth last season could see the lads potential .

I never thought Val's style suited him but I thought under Schopp it would suit him far better .

With the problems we are having in midfield this season then he would have had his chance no doubt .

With hindsight a mistake , too easily dismissed by Schopp in my opinion .

Or was it simply a case of penny pinching by the consortium to get a wage off the books ?

I watched the game and we played well and dominated for 65 minutes, however it's clear to see the team then run out of steam! Even the fully biased Reading commentary team noticed it stating "Barnsley look shattered all of a sudden" Schopp does have very few options to be fair to change it up at present and we will never know if the injuries the squad have are real or not? Personally I think some just don't want to play for him? What got me yesterday was Brittain not shooting from a decent position when usually I'm having a go for him shooting when there are better Options!
    Woodrow taking corners is getting on my nerves, but yesterday hitting a free kick from 40 yards straight to the keeper rather than crossing to a packed penalty area was unforgivable! He was never going to score from there and clearly shows his selfishness and disregard for his team mates or their abilities, should never have been made captain!
    Helik shows what a captain does, when clearly injured carried on knowing there wasn't a suitable replacement on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    I watched the game and we played well and dominated for 65 minutes, however it's clear to see the team then run out of steam! Even the fully biased Reading commentary team noticed it stating "Barnsley look shattered all of a sudden" Schopp does have very few options to be fair to change it up at present and we will never know if the injuries the squad have are real or not? Personally I think some just don't want to play for him? What got me yesterday was Brittain not shooting from a decent position when usually I'm having a go for him shooting when there are better Options!
    Woodrow taking corners is getting on my nerves, but yesterday hitting a free kick from 40 yards straight to the keeper rather than crossing to a packed penalty area was unforgivable! He was never going to score from there and clearly shows his selfishness and disregard for his team mates or their abilities, should never have been made captain!
    Helik shows what a captain does, when clearly injured carried on knowing there wasn't a suitable replacement on the bench.
    We are in a situation in my opinion where this group of players need to be galvanised which they then take to the field and allow the supporters to become galvanised with them .

That remit falls on the shoulders of Schopp and his staff .

The problems at the club with the two factions who own us fighting it out shouldn't affect the players or staff what so ever .

Schopp his staff and his group of players only concerns are collecting league points , that's it .

As much as I loved Stendel he'd lost the plot at the time he got the sack , it wasn't necessarily his fault given he'd lost the spine of his team and was trying to find a winning hand with 9 inexperienced replacements but none the less he'd lost the plot .

Struber seem to be able to galvanise the group far better and results improved leading to a famous finale at Griffin Park and the luck every coach needs .

The same with Flitcroft in 2012/13 , we were down and out when Keef got the peddler but Flitcroft was having none of it and he performed a minor miracle in keeping us up .

Both these coaches had impressive attributes that the players bought in to and turned the adversity the other way .

Hand on heart do I see Schopp sharing those attributes ?

No I don't .

However what I do see is a far better group of players than we had in 2012/13 and even under Struber .

It's going to be down to the players in my opinion to dig themselves out of this with the returning Morris , Mads , Benson and Vita nailing that LWB to good effect .

The players would be well advised to look at themselves in my opinion with regard to championship survival .

Yep Schopp is a clown but even so it's ultimately down to them in the end .

These lads aren't kids anymore and are good enough at this level .

It's time some of them got down to some hard work , quit the whinging and fecking got on with the job .

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast