+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading v Barnsley match thoughts

Reading v Barnsley match thoughts

To tell the truth I can hardly sum up any enthusiasm to start a match thread these days .

Whether there's any improvement to tomorrow I don't know .

Of course I hope we can go down there and get something that's my heart but my head says nowt much will change .

I've gone for a 2-1 win for us in the Predictions League but it's more hope than belief .

Sibbick back in defence , Styles LWB and Gomes and Benson in CM would help enormously .

We don't normally do well there , exceptions being the Promotion season to PL and Matty Done scoring in a win there , had some heavy beatings in boring Berkshire on and off the field !! Mainly at Railway station with cocky Chealseaites. 2-0 hobnobs !

That was at the old Elm Park ground wasn't it, where we won a couple of times in the 90s.

Alan Clarke often talked about finishing his playing career there in about 1979, when they hammered us 7-0. And he realised then that it was time to hang up the boots and concentrate on management after that.

How can tha possibly get enthusiastic abart watching Reds under this pilchard. Personally a dunt see weer next wins coming from. Looad o shyte and it meks mi miserable to see how he's brought these players of ours darn.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    To tell the truth I can hardly sum up any enthusiasm to start a match thread these days .

Whether there's any improvement to tomorrow I don't know .

Of course I hope we can go down there and get something that's my heart but my head says nowt much will change .

I've gone for a 2-1 win for us in the Predictions League but it's more hope than belief .

Sibbick back in defence , Styles LWB and Gomes and Benson in CM would help enormously .
    I think Schopp said in his pre match is interview on website that Benson's not available tomorrow. He'll be back for Boro game I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    I think Schopp said in his pre match is interview on website that Benson's not available tomorrow. He'll be back for Boro game I think.
    Not to worry Arbs, Schopp will stick Jack Walton in CM

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    That was at the old Elm Park ground wasn't it, where we won a couple of times in the 90s.

Alan Clarke often talked about finishing his playing career there in about 1979, when they hammered us 7-0. And he realised then that it was time to hang up the boots and concentrate on management after that.
    I was there Acido and it was a very grim cold winter's afternoon on the Elm Park terraces I can tell you .

What we didn't know was that was a pivotal result and turned out to be a very good one .

That 7-0 hiding was to be the end of the road for the team who had won promotion to from the old fourth division .

In the new year in came Parker , Evans , Aylott , Neil Cooper , Bobby Downes , Mike Lester and Joe Joyce and Ian Banks from the youth team were given their chance .

Didn't turn out too shabby .

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    How can tha possibly get enthusiastic abart watching Reds under this pilchard. Personally a dunt see weer next wins coming from. Looad o shyte and it meks mi miserable to see how he's brought these players of ours darn.
    got to agree with Pass , av seen some shocking teams ovva year's , and some worse than this lot believe me , I dunt think it's players so much , Moor like bad decisions on player recruitment and an HC who would struggle to Motivate Park rooard club's Sunday teeum ?, the highs of last season to the lows of this season says a lot, "slack play " Khaled will soortit !!!
    Last edited by Romared; 15-10-2021 at 07:42 PM.

Not to worry Arbs, Schopp will stick Jack Walton in CM
    Funny, I've been wondering what these new ideas are that schopp's been trying out Pass. I can see Helik being promoted to centre forward an all 😂

I can't see the next win either Pass. Could be a long winter.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast