+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Southampton - v - Leeds United *** Matchday Thread***

Agree with above, even with those 3 it will be close.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Without Phillips, Rafa and Bamf we are doomed ah tell ye doomed.
    With them, in spite of Bielsas stubbornness to persist with Cooper and Roberts , we will stay up.
    Simple.
    Don't know Billy even with them playing our form wasn't great.

Not seen any highlights but my Dad who went offered this assessment.

Coopers does his job well but not well enough week in for PL.Playing 3 at the back does not work for Leeds when playing against 4-4-2 particularly with players with Redmonds pace hurting our left side.

Meslier's kicking was rushed as they high-pressed our 2 wide central-defenders in our 3 at the back set-up all game.

Dallas to date has not been right on his game 'wherever he's been played' and was very poor and closed down quickly from the off.

Dan James & Shacks our best players & never gave up despite not getting any ball.

But yes 'we were truly shocking' today - the worst Bielsa performance Dad could recall but Southampton do what is required and do it well,ugly but well.

Gives me the impetus to pull the Church donger-bell tomorrow with more conviction and like wise for Leeds to show more conviction next game out - and yes they owe the travelling fans a performance big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Without Phillips, Rafa and Bamf we are doomed ah tell ye doomed.
    With them, in spite of Bielsas stubbornness to persist with Cooper and Roberts , we will stay up.
    Simple.

Aye it looks that way, we looked disjointed and lost today, like they’ve never played together.

Not good viewing for us. I’m with you though, we will stay up.

Yep the Rev is in agreement with Billy and George...we will stay up but I may just need a new set of fingernails come the end of the season!

Cheers for the report MT - we were pretty dire against 10 man Wigan and Forest back in the EFL so I guess we do have games where we are just rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Yep the Rev is in agreement with Billy and George...we will stay up but I may just need a new set of fingernails come the end of the season!
    Agree mate - don't think we will be in the bottom 6 to be honest - but food for thought -
    Tinkerman will revive Watford - though it will take time
    Toon will get a new manager and a "Bounce" to go with it, and a few new players in January
    Burnley ALWAYS seem to start badly and pick up strongly later in the season - and have been a bit unfortunate in some iof their recent games, So for me we definitely need to up our game between now and January, then we need to spend the necessary to get in at least one probably two midfielders - one holding and one number 10.

If that happens I will be quite confident we will be more than ok

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)