+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: O/T:- Sir David Amess

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Amess was a Thatcher-loving Brexiteer. Very religious, campaigned against gay marriage and abortion and was a committed royalist. He was about as far away as you can get from what I'm about.

But that's not really the issue here is it? A father of 5 has been brutally murdered in a place of worship, doing a job that would hopefully benefit the community. It's not really about politics and my thoughts are with his family at this horrible time.
    Well said KC

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    For what it's worth, you may want to consider that I decided to give a warning rather than a card in this instance.
    A warning for what? The only thing in this thread that was worthy of a card is some assuming that a certain poster is a racist based on nothing… you can’t play god you have to accept that everyone is entitled to their own view and just because it doesn’t fit the WOKE (or only post because it’s a political biased agenda) doesn’t make them right or wrong.
    Last edited by keldsyke; 17-10-2021 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    A warning for what? The only thing in this thread that was worthy of a card is some assuming that a certain poster is a racist based on nothing… you can’t play god!
    Give it a rest please keldsyke. It is hard enough attempting to respond to the complaints and keep the posters happy on all sides without people attacking the moderation too. Some people are more sensitive to issues of all kinds than others and in order to keep this place functioning I have to perform a delicate balancing act as moderator.

Remember that you and the others on here don't see the complaints or have your heart sink and your day spoiled when you are out and receive an email alerting to yet another complaint - which HAS to be responded to.

This type of post is not helpful.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 17-10-2021 at 10:52 AM.

Give it a rest please keldsyke. It is hard enough attempting to respond to the complaints and keep the posters happy on all sides without people attacking the moderation too. Some people are more sensitive to issues of all kinds than others and in order to keep this place functioning I have to perform a delicate balancing act as moderator.

Remember that you and the others on here don't see the complaints or have your heart sink and your day spoiled when you are out and receive an email alerting to yet another complaint - which HAS to be responded to.
    The best thing you can do then is not allow these types of threads if you only want one group of opinions/ views voiced.
    Last edited by keldsyke; 17-10-2021 at 10:55 AM.

I’m surprised that there are such weak livered specimens that have to complain the the mods, rather than tackle a sensitive and grown up subject head on. If that earns me a card then so be it.

The best thing you can do then is not allow these types of threads if you only want one opinion voiced.

Oh do stop it keldsyke. I am not favouring either side of any argument. I am keeping the peace as moderator.

Unfortunately for those who do want a sensible and restrained debate I am closing this thread as I don't have time to sit here monitoring it. I am also not prepared to get dragged into a debate about my role in it as moderator either.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 17-10-2021 at 11:03 AM.

I am keeping the peace as moderator.
    Obviously not!!! 😂

Obviously not!!! 
    Yes clearly I'm failing. At least it is over now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123