+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Sir David Amess

Came across WTF -What the Farage- online over here; I’m starting to warm to him a bit...he’s almost the Aussie version of Alan Jones ie: says it like it is and doesn’t p155 around with his words. As an addendum, I am on one knee as I type.

Apparently designated as a terrorist attack!

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Who could have predicted this thread would turn xenophobic or racist?
    I agree BFP it shouldn’t turn into a xenophobic or racist thread.

Who could have predicted though that BFP or Elite wouldn’t offer any condolences to a Tory MP.
    Last edited by forwardmagpie; 17-10-2021 at 08:25 AM.

... if you want to play 'woke', Swale, you're welcome. But the facts are that we have a weak immigration system, weak policing and weak government. We have a way of life, developed over centuries, which is attractive to many who were born overseas and who are too feeble to make their own countries strong enough democratically. The fact that the latest murderer has a British passport does not disguise the origins of his apparent fervour to carry out acts against the 'infidel'. The government knows what it should do but appears afraid to act and is therefore stoking the fires of trouble in the months/years ahead. Perhaps we get the governments that we deserve and life will carry on as now, steadily deteriorating ...

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Who could have predicted this thread would turn xenophobic or racist?
    As I’ve said before ‘ there’s non as intolerant as those who preach intolerance’

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post

Who could have predicted though that BFP or Elite wouldn’t offer any condolences to a Tory MP.
    I wondered where the Labour supporters were especially after the multi threads after the Jo Cox murder.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... if you want to play 'woke', Swale, you're welcome. But the facts are that we have a weak immigration system, weak policing and weak government. We have a way of life, developed over centuries, which is attractive to many who were born overseas and who are too feeble to make their own countries strong enough democratically. The fact that the latest murderer has a British passport does not disguise the origins of his apparent fervour to carry out acts against the 'infidel'. The government knows what it should do but appears afraid to act and is therefore stoking the fires of trouble in the months/years ahead. Perhaps we get the governments that we deserve and life will carry on as now, steadily deteriorating ...

Correct. It's not racist or xenophobic at all, the woke lefties just scream that.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Correct. It's not racist or xenophobic at all, the woke lefties just scream that.
    Amess was a Thatcher-loving Brexiteer. Very religious, campaigned against gay marriage and abortion and was a committed royalist. He was about as far away as you can get from what I'm about.

But that's not really the issue here is it? A father of 5 has been brutally murdered in a place of worship, doing a job that would hopefully benefit the community. It's not really about politics and my thoughts are with his family at this horrible time.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post

Offering my condolences is not something I tend to do whoever happens to have died, whether they are Labour or Tory.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... if you want to play 'woke', Swale, you're welcome.
    Please don't be cheeky TheBlackHorse, especially on such a dangerous subject. I was simply responding to complaints made about this thread. My personal beliefs or opinions were never mentioned in my warning. This is not a frivolous matter.

For what it's worth, you may want to consider that I decided to give a warning rather than a card in this instance.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 17-10-2021 at 10:40 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast