+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are Lee & Conway selling the club ?

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    That's her Animal , SB edda fling Wi er !! Mary found art tho ! Thretend to cut his dim sung off oooohh

It would be nice if it were true, and if it were to happen even along with relegation, Im sure we'd all accept that and look to bounce back again one day.
    But what if anything makes us sure that Parek will be different and better for the club than messrs Chien and Conway ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    It would be nice if it were true, and if it were to happen even along with relegation, Im sure we'd all accept that and look to bounce back again one day.
    But what if anything makes us sure that Parek will be different and better for the club than messrs Chien and Conway ?.
    Well if the rumour is true then it demonstrates that Parek clearly believes his own investment is better served by buying out the others .

It also says he believes he can do a better job and shares the same concerns as James Cryne .

There's clearly some coming together between the two of em .

What percentage both are looking to split would be interesting to see play out .

I see Lee , Hung and Conway as one side of the division and Parek and James Cryne on our side so to speak .

I couldn't honestly say how it will play out in reality of course but any time Conway is heading for the exit door it has to be seen as a positive if nothing else .

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Reading between the lines Acido , it sounds like he has a love of football , something the other's now in place haven't , it's all money driven on their part , little or no thought for anyone but their greedy selves , If this takeover was to happen ? I doubt very much any Fan /supporter would begrudge them making any money out of BFC , if they can show some commitment/improvement and an understanding with the Fan's , Town , and be open and honest , I think it would be beneficial to all parties , I would hope so anyway , as Animal stated earlier , it's just a rumour for now at least ,

Well like I say I hope it happens because I and Im sure almost all of us have had enough of their connection with us. Its almost what 4 years now ?, and apart from last seasons Play off push Im struggling to think of how they have improved us in any way.

They haven't .

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Reading between the lines Acido , it sounds like he has a love of football , something the other's now in place haven't , it's all money driven on their part , little or no thought for anyone but their greedy selves , If this takeover was to happen ? I doubt very much any Fan /supporter would begrudge them making any money out of BFC , if they can show some commitment/improvement and an understanding with the Fan's , Town , and be open and honest , I think it would be beneficial to all parties , I would hope so anyway , as Animal stated earlier , it's just a rumour for now at least ,
    I'm only speculating Roma but to me it looks like Conway's stint at the club during the summer filling in for Murphy as brought this to a head with Parekh .

Conway's stint has been an absolute disaster and apparently he went away from the data and analytic model when recruiting the HC and the two Belgium's .

He also seems to have pyssed off most of the staff who have gone these last few months .

If indeed he went away from the data led model then clearly with Parekh's background in analytics that's bound to have led to conflict .

I see James Cryne as the shop steward of the club and with James's concerns with the stadium issue and the club's funds used to pay for the club he's found solace with Parekh who clearly has is own concerns .

We are in credible territory here despite only at rumour stage in my opinion .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Parek has made his money in data and analytics I believe .

His family are worth £4.5bn apparently whether that's all down to him I don't know .

Grace Hung is the lady Roma who has a stake in the club , I think she's Lee's personal assistant whatever that involves !!!! .

I think it's fair to say James Cryne can't do this on his own and reading between the lines there could be substance to this with Parek .

James as we know is a data and analytics man and if he's close to anyone within the consortium then it's highly likely it will be Parek .
    Grace Hung is co founder of PMG, she’s Conways business partner

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Grace Hung is co founder of PMG, she’s Conways business partner
    Thanks for that ESR , she's the Pritti Patel then !! .

Just looking at the make up of the ownership of the club by shares owned .

Chien Lee 27.5%
    Paul Conway 27.5%
    Neerav Parekh 15%
    Billy Beane 10%

That makes up their 80% .

No mention of Grace Hung owning any shares .

Oakwell Holdings ( Cryne Family ) 20% .

So between Parekh and James Cryne they already own 35% of the club .

So in reality they only need the 55% of Lee's and Conway's shares to control the club and it will be up to Beane whether he remains or sells his 10% , either way it doesn't matter .

You could argue that you only need to buy Conway's 27.5% stake with Lee remaining , that would still give you 62.5% or 72.5% if Beane sells up too .

This seems to me extremely dooable as you aren't exactly buying Real Madrid here .

What Lee and Conway would be prepared to accept for their shares is of course the question ? .

Given the issues playing out both on the field and off it and the fact the vast majority of the fan base have turned against them then perhaps a modest profit is not beyond the realms of possibility .

£12m to buy Lee and Conway out ?

£6m to buy Conway out ?

Please make it happen .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast