+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Are Lee & Conway selling the club ?

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Tha reyt Animal about the potential profit or loss re relegation being the big unknown.

(Here comes an I told you so )------

In the pre season predictions I said we would finish 18th after flirting with divisional retention and I'm sticking with that. If we evva good run of results not only will it achieve divisional retention but also provide a window for Conway and Lee to leg it with pockets reasonably full.
    The thing is haven't we said right from the moment they arrived here that walking away from this club with a profit was going to be let's say difficult .

It would be difficult in the best of times at this level , what would the club be worth the moment Mowatt led us out at Oakwell for the first leg of the play off semi final in May with possibly the best HC in the championship ?

Not much more than they paid I'd reckon .

What this lot can't contemplate is that football clubs only become more valuable by investing decent brass in to them including new stands , a new stadium , a far more favourable consistent league position and a significant increase in revenue streams .

The consortium have failed on every count and in fact they've decreased the club's value with closing the West Stand and a fan base who have turned against them .

They should think themselves lucky they are in profit at all .

In my opinion nobody would be that naive to pay £20m as it stands right now .

It possibly doesn't even warrant the £12m I'm prepared to see given them just to feck off .

Easy to say given it's not my money I'll accept mind .

That would be one cheque I'd be struggling to hold the vomit back I can tell you .

Unfortunately as events have played out James Cryne is the club's shop steward and I've no doubt he never wanted to be but none the less he is duty bound in my opinion to try and get these feckers out , it's his club too and a fan plus his dad did sell them it .

I take the point he can't do it alone .

They’ll struggle to get their money back . We had cash in the bank and were debt free then. It’s a different world now

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234