+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Tamworth 16.10.21 (FACQR4]

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Well let me think. How about one that actually loses the game for starters? Next how about one that concedes against lowly Tamworth?
    ...or one that throws away a two goal lead against ten men? Or one that loses 4-1 at home after scoring first?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    I think we have to persist with it. We’ve hardly been successful doing it the non “computer game” way.

Worth trying for a few seasons at least (of which this is still really only the second)
    At least!

Thank you Don been hoping someone other than me would put something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Nothing wrong with optimism, being negative is easy, most teams aren't successful most seasons, it's an easy call to say we're not good enough and be right 40 times in the last 45 seasons.
    Boom!

I've been dropping this truth bomb on here for a while now, it's the really easy option the odds on viewpoint every season.

Hopefully folks starting to hear it from a different sources will help with the understanding and realisation that if you want to be right lots just predict your club, manager, players, signings won't be a success. But we still need a few more to join in to help the cause and get the message across.

Thank you Optipez.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    At least!

Thank you Don been hoping someone other than me would put something like that.
    I am not saying what is the right way and what is the wrong way as frankly I do not know but what I have noticed in the past few weeks both on this board and on social media is a lot of Notts fans basically saying the current "method" is boring and they are questioning going to games. This reminds me of the times under Ray Trews tenure when fans commenced staying away due to the tedious nature of games and this if memory serves me correctly forced him to wield the axe. Laddo if we keep playing tedious football and the attendances drive down as a result what is your opinion on that?

When it works it looks great to me, but we are missing a ruthlessness, cutting edge in front of goal ŕnd steel in the midfield, until we solve that we're going nowhere.

Boom!

I've been dropping this truth bomb on here for a while now, it's the really easy option the odds on viewpoint every season.

Hopefully folks starting to hear it from a different sources will help with the understanding and realisation that if you want to be right lots just predict your club, manager, players, signings won't be a success. But we still need a few more to join in to help the cause and get the message across.

Thank you Optipez.
    This is total nonsense, crazy talk, fine if we were in league one or the championship, but it's the national league for goodness sake.

Quote Originally Posted by AllNottsAreWe View Post
    Did Notts and Stags play today ?
    Radio Red seem to have forgotten.
    Where we both are you can't blame them.

Bit of yesterday's action from Mr Groundhopping FC. He makes a salient point on 7 mins 50 secs!

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    This is total nonsense, crazy talk, fine if we were in league one or the championship, but it's the national league for goodness sake.
    Total nonsense/Crazy talk or actually fact and statistically accurate. It's all linked to mathematics, probability and percentages. The league you are in makes absolutely no difference every FL/NL team is in the league they are in cos they weren't good enough to be at the level higher. The majority of clubs are unsuccessful each season, the majority of managers fail their objective and the majority of signings don't work. It's not a 50:50 coin flip for each as some seem to pretend it is. I wish it was.

As MDS has just illustrated and as I suspected it looks like I need help from more than Optipez on this one.

Total nonsense/Crazy talk or actually fact and statistically accurate. It's all linked to mathematics, probability and percentages. The league you are in makes absolutely no difference every FL/NL team is in the league they are in cos they weren't good enough to be at the level higher. The majority of clubs are unsuccessful each season, the majority of managers fail their objective and the majority of signings don't work. It's not a 50:50 coin flip for each as some seem to pretend it is. I wish it was.

As MDS has just illustrated and as I suspected it looks like I need help from more than Optipez on this one.
    So if we drop to National League North will you still be saying that? Some people seem happy to accept failure.

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast